General Trading Chat

No ...my dates messed up....Instead of taking last 45 days data, th AI was builing on 45 days from Monday this week...So it was a technical problem

No removing would mean that it has lost its edge to be a potent stocks-so be careful
for example IBHF moved down after 1pm and you can see the trend...
https://www.google.com/search?q=nse...0j35i39j0l2.2870j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But it is not in any favour and chances of going high is almost 0.
Now I had made aggresive forecast of 679 and it reached high and then fell....
So that was the target and the AI did its work just fine
No ...my dates messed up....Instead of taking last 45 days data, th AI was builing on 45 days from Monday this week...So it was a technical problem

No removing would mean that it has lost its edge to be a potent stocks-so be careful
for example IBHF moved down after 1pm and you can see the trend...
https://www.google.com/search?q=nse...0j35i39j0l2.2870j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But it is not in any favour and chances of going high is almost 0.
Now I had made aggresive forecast of 679 and it reached high and then fell....
So that was the target and the AI did its work just fine

Now its predicted to go to 642
and Bill Gates is in good company..

One man alone lost Rs 7,000 crore in YES Bank rout since August

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/70274967.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Even Rakesh Jhunjhunwala lost 102 crores in DHFL
https://www.businesstoday.in/market...wala-q4-loss-kapil-wadhawan/story/364370.html

and he lost 1600 crores in 2016
https://m.economictimes.com/markets...rore-in-just-16-days/articleshow/55467835.cms

How on earth do you loose so much - but how much do they make...

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
Well, such huge losses are common all over the world. Some have the guts to even full apology in public, like this guy did:

but what will it help to those who lost there money they wanted to use for other times? The law should be changed to a level where all this managers should be responsible with there own what ever they have for what ever they do. As soon as this happens each one of them will think twice and more how he should burn money from his customers as when he does wrong, he even will have to sell his house to equal loss he did to others.

An other thing is this: If you sell options on such amounts he did, he will have an insurance in an other place for sure, as non fund manager who sells pure options naked will not know about this. Other wise he is really a donky.

I was working in finance when the 2008 financial crisis happened....
I hate the bankers the most....
I was working when the 2008 financial crisis happened.... now I am not working :D

Reliance results tomorrow. Is the street expecting a lower performance ?

RIL to announce Q1 results on Friday. Here's what brokerages expect
For the quarter under review, RIL's GRMs are likely to come in at $8/barrel, down 2 per cent quarter-on-quarter due to unfavorable Brent-Dubai and refinery shutdown

Swati Verma | New Delhi July 18, 2019 Last Updated at 14:13 IST

Reliance Industries (RIL) is slated to announce its first quarter (April-June) results for the financial year 2019-20 (FY20) on Friday. The company is largely expected to report a drop in gross refining margin (GRM) on sequential basis, while petrochemical EBIDTA (earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation) is projected to fall up to 9 per cent on weaker margins.

The Mukesh Ambani-led company had reported a 9.8 per cent rise in its consolidated net profit at Rs 10,362 crore, in the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2019. In the year-ago period (June quarter of FY19), the firm had posted a 17.9 per cent increase in net profit at Rs 9,459 crore.

For the quarter under review, RIL's GRMs are likely to come in at $8/barrel, down 2 per cent QoQ (quarter-on-quarter) due to unfavorable Brent-Dubai and refinery shutdown, while petchem EBITDA should see a 9 per cent fall qoq on weaker margins, say analysts at Emkay Global.

"Retail/Jio EBIT (earnings before interest and tax) should grow at 5/9 per cent QoQ. We expect 25 million subscriber addition and ARPU (average revenue per user) flat at Rs 126 for Jio with Rs 3,700 crore EBITDA due to the transfer of tower and fiber assets," they wrote in a pre-results note.

On the other hand, analysts at ICICI Securities peg Jio (Digital) to report an ARPU (average revenue per user) of Rs124 (down 2% qoq) and quarter-end subscribers at 330.7 million (up 8% qoq).

"We estimate segment EBITDA at Rs 3,320 crore (down 23% qoq) assuming additional costs of Rs 1,000 crore due to the demerger of fibre/tower assets. We expect retail EBITDA at Rs 1,900 crore to remain flat qoq (up 61% yoy)," they said.

For the consolidated entity (RIL), Emkay Global sees RIL’s EBITDA/PAT at Rs 19,900 crore/10,100 crore, down 5 per cent/3 per cent, respectively on sequential basis. On YoY basis, EBITDA is estimated to fall 4 per cent while PAT is likely to rise 6.7 per cent.

"Net sales or revenue is expected to grow 12.2 per cent YoY and 4.2 per cent QoQ to Rs 14,4434.3 crore. EBITDA margin is seen at 13.8 per cent, down 229 basis points (bps) YoY and 127 bps," their analysts said.

During the June quarter, shares of the company have slipped over 8 per cent as against nearly a 2 per cent rise in the benchmark S&P BSE Sensex. The S&P BSE Energy index, on the other hand, has slipped over 5 per cent during the period, ACE Equity data show.

"Reliance Jio operating earnings to see moderation due to higher opex (opearting expenditure), driven by the INViT change in capital structure. Overall, RIL EBITDA at Rs 19,300 crore is likely to decline 6 per cent YoY, while adjusted PAT of Rs 9,330 crore is expected to dip 2 per cent YoY," said Centrum Broking in a result preview note. The brokerage, too, pegs GRMs at $8/barrel.

Edelweiss Securities, however, sees a marginal recovery (up 3.7 per cent QoQ) in GRMs, which it beleives, will be offset by olefin and intermediate margins in petchem, leading to a slight decline (-1 per cent QoQ) in standalone EBITDA.

"Higher earnings at Jio (+5.5% QoQ) and retail (+0.8% QoQ) will lead to flattish consolidated EBITDA at RIL. Higher interest costs will lead to a 4 per cent QoQ decline in PAT," it says

https://www.business-standard.com/a...-s-what-brokerages-expect-119071800668_1.html

DanPSup

These guys have inside information...he must have earned more than that by hedging or selling calls of dhfl too....
Hedging some way, maybe. Maybe they are always hedged. But I don't think anyone, even the hedge funds, have 100% hedge. Let's not assume anything about inside information.

DanPSup

Hedging some way, maybe. Maybe they are always hedged. But I don't think anyone, even the hedge funds, have 100% hedge. Let's not assume anything about inside information.
To be hedged you do not need inside information. And yes, if any fund by any bank is seriously managed for the bank, they always do protect them selfs even they tell in there prospects that they do only this and this product. Imagine how easy it is for any well educated strategy manager to open and run an other account in the bank, not open to the public, to run those hedges. Why do I have knowledge about this? This is an other topic.