General Trading Chat

Railway should impose heavy fine on too much luggage people taking on railway, plus reduce weight of carriage. use fibre body one which will reduce weight and fuel requirement. These simple techniques might save lots of energy for Railways. Some sort of aerodynamic wind flowing mechanism should be used instead of having 5-10 fans running in each compartment of a coach. (not an engineer just a thought propped up in mind)
There is actually a definition of how much luggage a passenger can carry. There is a definition of the size too. But these are hardly ever implemented. I have once written to the railway to be more strict in implementing it.

But the problem is weighing/measuring each piece of luggage. We will need airport style check in counters for it. Can't be done in the present setup.

The fans are ok, if anything, there isn't enough ventilation in the trains.

If you read the article fully, it states that the railway actually makes a profit on the popular classes i.e. AC chair car and AC 3 tier. These passengers (including myself) are going to be the hardest hit, having to pay for the sleeper and general class passengers' subsidy.

travelling in air plane is cheaper in some routes then paying for 1st A/C
Also, most of the passengers in the upper class are either government officers or travelling on their employer's expense. But the government doesn't want to cut out the subsidy for them because it will compete with air travel ??

And they don't want to cut the subsidy in the lower class because it competes with the road travel ??

So, they will simply put the burden on the middle class, just like taxing the honest tax payers more.

They should make some announcements about cutting the free passes and the discounted fares for the employees. Make some gesture of "give it up" by the staff.

iwillwin

There is actually a definition of how much luggage a passenger can carry. There is a definition of the size too. But these are hardly ever implemented. I have once written to the railway to be more strict in implementing it.

But the problem is weighing/measuring each piece of luggage. We will need airport style check in counters for it. Can't be done in the present setup.

The fans are ok, if anything, there isn't enough ventilation in the trains.

If you read the article fully, it states that the railway actually makes a profit on the popular classes i.e. AC chair car and AC 3 tier. These passengers (including myself) are going to be the hardest hit, having to pay for the sleeper and general class passengers' subsidy.
People shift entire house in trains.... everything is adjusted below the seats and coach interconnected lobby

People shift entire house in trains.... everything is adjusted below the seats and coach interconnected lobby
Yeah. You should see in it the marriage season. The whole marriage party alongwith the dowry gets adjusted. This is also when you get "4 tickets, 8 passengers" in the compartment. It is very prominent at Mathura Junction.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member