General Trading Chat

HDFC Bank and Kotak are not far from highs still, was contemplating a buy, waiting.....
Bajaj and Asianpaint I bought some yesterday.
This complete liquidation in some of portfolio stocks I will need to learn from you, that doomsday possibility haunts me at times.
Pretty bad corrections in Maruti, Eicher and now Reliance.

Vivek
I keep an eye on the growth slowing down, product demand slowing down. In Maruti and Eicher also I had holding but got out completely after I sensed slowing down....

That gives rise to a new problem...very few companies are growing now...so where to put the money ?? so fall back on trusted HDFC bank and Asian Paints....

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I keep an eye on the growth slowing down, product demand slowing down. In Maruti and Eicher also I had holding but got out completely after I sensed slowing down....

That gives rise to a new problem...very few companies are growing now...so where to put the money ?? so fall back on trusted HDFC bank and Asian Paints....

Smart_trade
This 'slowing down' , do quarterly results depict them?, Like sales figures, PAT etc?

Vivek

Sir, do you keep taking profits from your core holdings portfolio as well? And on what criteria do you decide to take profits?
Main critaria is DeMark Sequential, demand slowing down......core portfolio also I sell if the answer to a question " can this stock make more than 9-10 % in next 1 year from this price level ? " is negative, then I sell and park the money in short term debt funds.....I have been writing in our forum that stocks are extended....

I dont get it right everytime but I try to be on right side most of the times...

Smart_trade

This 'slowing down' , do quarterly results depict them?, Like sales figures, PAT etc?

Vivek
You must keep your eyes and ears open.....vehicles inventory piling at the dealers end...discounts on vehicles, pick up information from newspapers, magazine articles....

Smart_trade

Vivek
Yes ,quarterely results is one of the source of information. Listen to the company managements...for example Titan reported good results and their MD Bhaskar Bhat is confident of growing at > 20 %...so these are the companies to buy in a correction.

Smart_trade

manny.here

US Commerce dept has imposed fresh duty on polyester yarn imports from India.

U.S. Department of Commerce Issues Affirmative Preliminary Determinations in the Countervailing Duty Investigations of Imports of Polyester Textured Yarn from China and India

Reliance is the largest producer of polyester fiber and yarn in the world.
Thats why Reliance taking big hit on this news.