General Trading Chat

Subhadip

I have invested in the following :

1) Motilal Oswal Focussed Multicap 35 Fund
2) Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 30 Fund
3) HDFC Midcap Fund
4) Reliance small cap fund
5) Franklin Templeton Prima Fund

So just see the past 3-5 years performance and select the fund.

Smart_trade
Great choice sir ji..

Choice of the stocks is good but devide the total amount in 10-12 stocks....also as the time horizon is long term, have some midcap and smallcap/multicap funds in your portfolio...for small/midcaps leave the job of selecting the scrips to the fund managers.

Smart_trade
Thank you sir. Let me do some more research and find out the relevant stocks. To Summarize ur comments:
Largecap(8 Companies) - 60% of total investment per month
MidCap(2 Companies) - 20% of total investment per month
Small/Midcap Mutual Fund - 20% of total investment per month

Eection Commission has over-ruled Congress objection and RS election counting to start soon..

ST

Good Evening ST Sir
1-2 monethes back you shred your observation about OBV in VARUNJI'S thread..In where you mentioned put 36 EMA on OBV in option charts & trade ..it gives good trending moves...you just mentioned that
Could you please explain that method in details..like how to enter ,exit etc ..
thanks

Good Evening ST Sir
1-2 monethes back you shred your observation about OBV in VARUNJI'S thread..In where you mentioned put 36 EMA on OBV in option charts & trade ..it gives good trending moves...you just mentioned that
Could you please explain that method in details..like how to enter ,exit etc ..
thanks
It is simple....so if you consider Bank Nifty 24800 put chart,you draw 200 ema and 36 ema on 1 min timeframe on OBV chart.Then trade the pivots in OBV chart .So if we are above 200 ema and we get a move in OBV and the PH gets taken out, you buy, stoploss below the pivot low below the 36 ema pivot low.If the move is above the 36 ema but below 200 ema then we trade half the quantity....profit booking as per your greed and fear level.If you see there were 2 excellent trades today in BNF 24800 puts.

My Ami does not have option charts and I am unable to post options chart from Kite as now facility to post the chart is not there in Kite.

OBV is a template.It can be used in various ways.Varunji has shared many such ways, we can also devise few more ways ourselves.

Smart_trade

Eection Commission has over-ruled Congress objection and RS election counting to start soon..

ST
Da,

Its funny how one rajya sabha seat become so highlighted as centre of national political scene ......

it has no bearing on political stability or political continuity post 2019 ........

neither any bearing on continuation of economic policies ......

TV channels are just wasting time .

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
It is simple....so if you consider Bank Nifty 24800 put chart,you draw 200 ema and 36 ema on 1 min timeframe on OBV chart.Then trade the pivots in OBV chart .So if we are above 200 ema and we get a move in OBV and the PH gets taken out, you buy, stoploss below the pivot low below the 36 ema pivot low.If the move is above the 36 ema but below 200 ema then we trade half the quantity....profit booking as per your greed and fear level.If you see there were 2 excellent trades today in BNF 24800 puts.

My Ami does not have option charts and I am unable to post options chart from Kite as now facility to post the chart is not there in Kite.

OBV is a template.It can be used in various ways.Varunji has shared many such ways, we can also devise few more ways ourselves.

Smart_trade
Futures chart
Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 7.44.41 PM.png

Smart_trade
Da,

Can we use it on higher timeframe like daily or 4 hourly for positional trade ......?

and

Hourly or Hlaf-Hourly time frame for swing trade ?

Da,

Its funny how one rajya sabha seat become so highlighted as centre of national political scene ......

it has no bearing on political stability or political continuity post 2019 ........

neither any bearing on continuation of economic policies ......

TV channels are just wasting time .
No,it is not a question of just 1 RS seat, it is a question of loss of face for congress if Ahmad Patel loses .It is also a strong blow to Sonia Gandhi and the Gandhi dynasty ......it will have far reaching impact on political scene in the country.That is why Congress and BJP both are fighting it as a fight to finish.....it is a big fight tonight.That is why both parties are taking it so seriously.

ST

Last edited: