General Trading Chat

Next month 1st monday 4th Septemeber will witness lot of selling in 331 shell companies listed by SEBI today and that might bring index? im not sure how much these 331 companies weight against index

thanks

Contra

There must be a reason why these 331 companies were flagged in the first place. If indeed they are shell companies then it's good they're being weeded out at this stage of the bull market rather than at a greater height of euphoria. It's a calculated move, and a good one.

Thank you Sir. One More doubt:
I have 400,000 ideal cash which i will not be needing for next 10 years or so. Also, i want to invest 25000 every month in Equity, again this money i will not be needing for next 10years. Can you please suggest some good stocks to invest in and what should be the proportion. Following is my monthly investment plan as of now:

Bajaj Finance - 30%
HDFC Bank - 20%
Maruti - 20%
Asian Paints - 20%
Marico - 10%
Choice of the stocks is good but devide the total amount in 10-12 stocks....also as the time horizon is long term, have some midcap and smallcap/multicap funds in your portfolio...for small/midcaps leave the job of selecting the scrips to the fund managers.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Choice of the stocks is good but devide the total amount in 10-12 stocks....also as the time horizon is long term, have some midcap and smallcap/multicap funds in your portfolio...for small/midcaps leave the job of selecting the scrips to the fund managers.

Smart_trade
Sir, as mid and small caps are under correction, can you suggest some good mutual fund in these two domains.
Its from your earlier response:
"Midcap and Multicap Funds such as Franklin India Prima Fund,HDFC Midcap Fund,Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 30 Fund, Motilal Oswal Focussed Multicap 35 Fund"

Vivek

Last edited:
I have invested in the following :

1) Motilal Oswal Focussed Multicap 35 Fund
2) Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 30 Fund
3) HDFC Midcap Fund
4) Reliance small cap fund
5) Franklin Templeton Prima Fund

So just see the past 3-5 years performance and select the fund.

Smart_trade

Sir, as mid and small caps are under correction, can you suggest some good mutual fund in these two domains.

Vivek
3-5 % correction in Nifty will knock off 15-20 % from small caps stocks so don't be in a hurry to get into small/mid cap funds.

There are many good funds in small/mid category.I have been investing in the above funds for last few years.....but there are some better funds also (Mirae Asset has a emerging bluechip fund which is doing great but they have stopped accepting fresh funds in lumpsum though SIP they are taking ) ...so make sure that you invest in a fund which is in top quartile in the returns for 1/2/3/5 years.

Smart_trade

travi

Thank you Sir. One More doubt:
I have 400,000 ideal cash which i will not be needing for next 10 years or so. Also, i want to invest 25000 every month in Equity, again this money i will not be needing for next 10years. Can you please suggest some good stocks to invest in and what should be the proportion. Following is my monthly investment plan as of now:

Bajaj Finance - 30%
HDFC Bank - 20%
Maruti - 20%
Asian Paints - 20%
Marico - 10%
Firstly, as ST Sir mentions, its definitely wiser to diversify.

Secondly, the TF you have is pretty far out, by that time the boom sectors can also change and it may not even be Banks/Financials leading.
Try considering a nice SIP in a managed instrument.

Thirdly, Your TF is enough for 1 great dip/bear market, so also consider holding while we're making ATH.
Another post from ST Sir's friend doing the same is a very good example.

If you put 4L, then see it go 6L, then probably 3L and after 10yrs becomes 12L is one way & the other is to wait it out for the dip.
The only difference will be in the euphoria of being invested now asap.
Another example would be from Vivek Bhai video posts of "Phil Town" to go with a washtub and not a thimble when prices are very fair.

If its idle cash, a Liquid or Debt fund isn't bad till that time comes.