General Trading Chat

Taking the example of Dmart, buying in lots as it is going down, supposing first lot buy at 750, wouldn't it be averaging down? Under what conditions should averaging down be considered?, coz as a rule its advised against.
Would also request to look at it taking the example of BajajFinserv, that has corrected more than 15% from top.

Vivek
Investments and trading are different games...in trading we don't average a falling stock .In investment success depends on buying fundamentally strong stock with high earning growth when the stock is down in correction so we buy it cheap....in trading you go short even in correction but in investments,you use the correction to buy.

Bajaj Finance,Maruti,Bajaj Finserv are high beta scrips. So if one has a conviction that the bull market is still not over,then we should use corrections to buy strong fundamental stocks ....but if one feels that bull market is over, then we should not buy anything....

About DMart I posted that I will buy in small lots...I have already bought 2 lots and it is just 13-14 Rs below my average buy price....so it does not bother me at all...it can make up 70-80 points in just one session.

But that is how I accumulate good stock.If people are not comfortable buying in correction,then they can wait till the correction gets over and buy afterwards but when correction gets over,most people won't buy and just will keep looking at price going up.

So each investor has to decide how he is going to invest....I have a strong conviction that DMart is a potential multibagger.....but if someone disagrees,I respect his views and will say that he should not buy....

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Investments and trading are different games...in trading we don't average a falling stock .In investment success depends on buying fundamentally strong stock with high earning growth when the stock is down in correction so we buy it cheap....in trading you go short even in correction but in investments,you use the correction to buy.

Bajaj Finance,Maruti,Bajaj Finserv are high beta scrips. So if one has a conviction that the bull market is still not over,then we should use corrections to buy strong fundamental stocks ....but if one feels that bull market is over, then we should not buy anything....

About DMart I posted that I will buy in small lots...I have already bought 2 lots and it is just 13-14 Rs below my average buy price....so it does not bother me at all...it can make up 70-80 points in just one session.

But that is how I accumulate good stock.If people are not comfortable buying in correction,then they can wait till the correction gets over and buy afterwards but when correction gets over,most people won't buy and just will keep looking at price going up.

So each investor has to decide how he is going to invest....I have a strong conviction that DMart is a potential multibagger.....but if someone disagrees,I respect his views and will say that he should not buy....

Smart_trade
As always clarifies a lot for the 'Naïve' (me).
Thanks and regards.

Vivek

I will stick my neck out and say that DMART will be in four figures very soon and I am saying this when it is quoting at around Rs 720 today.....

I am confident that I will make 30 % and above return on it for few years to come.

But if someone is skeptics then he should not buy...

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

Smart_trade
Also, one more thing, the questions I ask are not at all a difference of opinion (my opinion in stock market is any way not mature enough to carry any weight), these questions are in a way an interface to try n understand the way you perceive and react to situations.
If I could become just 10% of what you are, my mission will be fulfilled.
Just tried to put through what I feel all along..

Vivek

checkmate7

Also, one more thing, the questions I ask are not at all a difference of opinion (my opinion in stock market is any way not mature enough to carry any weight), these questions are in a way an interface to try n understand the way you perceive and react to situations.

Vivek
Very nice way to put forward :thumb::thumb:

Vivek
I am not angry or offended at all...I always put my money on the line when I buy a stock. If I am right I will make money....if wrong I will lose money but the above few posts are only to show that I have strong conviction and I have bought the stock myself....not an empty talk...

Smart_trade