General Trading Chat

travi

Superb ST Sir.
I had posted 2 posts earlier which were very simple in nature. The way economics works, in the long term, there will always be higher highs, and therefore anything can be profitable. Discount anything like scam that forces X,Y,Z to shutdown. Therefore, every Bull, should live confidently.

Secondly, anything that is short-coming, like a world-war, great depression or Trump winning, will eventually be factored in, and markets will continue their due course.
So I stand by you and that link to keep continue growing :D

Superb ST Sir.
I had posted 2 posts earlier which were very simple in nature. The way economics works, in the long term, there will always be higher highs, and therefore anything can be profitable. Discount anything like scam that forces X,Y,Z to shutdown. Therefore, every Bull, should live confidently.

Secondly, anything that is short-coming, like a world-war, great depression or Trump winning, will eventually be factored in, and markets will continue their due course.
So I stand by you and that link to keep continue growing :D
See the history of our markets for last 20-30 years or more,PMs and Presidents were assasinated,elections were lost and won,price "bubbles " were there,banks and financial institutions went burst,there were financial crises and every time sceptics claimed that "this time it is different" but the investors made huge money and created wealth.It has been proved beyond doubt that "time in the market " is much more important than"timing the markets " for the long term investors.....the corrections will be there but if one believes that India's fundamentals are improving, then you have to invest in the markets.

For traders the best course of action is trade as per the trend...if the markets were to go to Nifty 7500 also,it will show in the trend,if it were to go to 10500 also it will show in the trend...so trade the trend at hand and we will be fine .
No point in being bearish or bullish not taking into account what the market is doing which will get reflected in trends....there will be up trends and down trends and as traders we must trade both and make money in both phases.In trading keeping a permanent bearish or permanent bullish view is dangerous.

Smart_trade

This thread has become another ideological battleground... there is no debate and there wont be one because the outcome of it..is already fixed..just looking for new ways to justify the ideology and hence pumping up the ego ...All in all pathetic behavior..
There is bound to be some cacophony, rumblings when two opinionated sides (bulls and bears) meet in a common place. Its a chit chat thread after all. Wonder why some folks get so irritated.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
See the history of our markets for last 20-30 years or more,PMs and Presidents were assasinated,elections were lost and won,price "bubbles " were there,banks and financial institutions went burst,there were financial crises and every time sceptics claimed that "this time it is different" but the investors made huge money and created wealth.It has been proved beyond doubt that "time in the market " is much more important than"timing the markets " for the long term investors.....the corrections will be there but if one believes that India's fundamentals are improving, then you have to invest in the markets.

For traders the best course of action is trade as per the trend...if the markets were to go to Nifty 7500 also,it will show in the trend,if it were to go to 10500 also it will show in the trend...so trade the trend at hand and we will be fine .
No point in being bearish or bullish not taking into account what the market is doing which will get reflected in trends....there will be up trends and down trends and as traders we must trade both and make money in both phases.In trading keeping a permanent bearish or permanent bullish view is dangerous.

Smart_trade
Also, nobody knows whether these 'permanent' bears or bulls ever trade the market, or profit (consistently).

Vivek

travi

....there will be up trends and down trends and as traders we must trade both and make money in both phases.In trading keeping a permanent bearish or permanent bullish view is dangerous.

..."time in the market " is much more important than"timing the markets "......

Smart_trade
Absolutely, well said ST Sir.
Yesterday, I was sitting with my Mum, and I had last 15 yr chart from year 2000, and 2001 onwards covered with the paper.
I explained to her, the ups and downs, anyway she knows, but for the fun, and the same thing, the future is hazy just moving the paper few months forward to see the ups n downs.
It just cannot be forecasted, recent times, like BrExit :D
Only in hindsight it is clear, so "trend is your best friend".

Last edited:

vagar11

A Technical Analyst and a Fundamental Analyst are chatting about the markets in the kitchen.

Accidentally one of them knocks a kitchen knife off the table landing right in the fundamental analyst’s foot!

The fundamental analyst yells at the technician, asking him why he didn’t catch the knife?

“You know Technicians don’t catch falling knives!” , the technician responded.

He in turn asks the fundamental analyst why he didn’t move his foot out of the way?

The Fundamental analyst responds, “ I didn’t think it could go that low”.

NF 8484 and BNF 19222 is line of idhar ya udhar
Lets see if indices are able to move around there in the morning itself or not.

But
Indices wont be out of woods, unless sustain above

NF 8555
and
BNF 19299

as mentioned in an earliar post.