General Trading Chat

My simple comment deleted from Zerodha thread. Wondering what was objectionable in it!!

lemondew

ST da,

Got it twice right 6 september as well. If u see theres not much gap at 2:45. But if post 3:00 also theres a gap. It does close at extreme. Check today and 6 september.

off course 2:45 rule ur experience can be relied :thumb:

At around 2:50 there was no indication on VWAP. Market cracked after 3:00.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I think it was a difficult week to trade, direction not clear even after major events passed.

lemondew

ST da,

You dont take trades post 3:00 based on vwap? encountered reversals ?

Last time it failed on 16 sept. There was no element of surprise the vwap gap was reducing post 2:45 to 3:00 hence no trade you had said.

Actually couple of factors today. Support of 8861 was broken. below 8850. And vwap gap widening hence shorted..

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Dont mix short term trends and trades with longer term ones...then it is not that confusing.

Smart_trade
Actually sir, for the ones only doing intra day trade, it was really difficult, yes long term trend is definitely up.

Last edited:
ST da,

You dont take trades post 3:00 based on vwap? encountered reversals ?

Last time it failed on 16 sept. There was no element of surprise the vwap gap was reducing post 2:45 to 3:00 hence no trade you had said.

Actually couple of factors today. Support of 8861 was broken. below 8850. And vwap gap widening hence shorted..
What I meant was no trade on this method based on surprise. Markets can still fall and we can short if we can handle trades after 3:00.

Smart_trade

princy01

at open on expiry,sometimes when i put option sell orders , it is rejected by exchange saying , "price outside execution range"

can any one please tell me why it happens as per nse circular ? is there any explanation? because i put price to sell based on price i see on screen itself , so how am i wrong here and , how is price outside execution range ,when trades are happening at that rate or lower than my limit price already??

travi

at open on expiry,sometimes when i put option sell orders , it is rejected by exchange saying , "price outside execution range"

can any one please tell me why it happens as per nse circular ? is there any explanation? because i put price to sell based on price i see on screen itself , so how am i wrong here and , how is price outside execution range ,when trades are happening at that rate or lower than my limit price already??
You can call the toll free number at the bottom of the image, hehe

Anyway, jokes apart, at open on expiry, you mean when the market opens on expiry day of a contract.
Assuming that, to be honest, if you see the jumps that happen in a fraction of a second, I really doubt the limit gets triggered, unless its wide and price heading your direction.
Have you tried using market order?

The rejection reason is, as you said, price is lower than limit, so if you try selling below limit, who is there to buy at "your higher rate"? no one, so your order will not execute.

Correct me if I have missed anything.