Elliott Wave Analysis of NIFTY spot

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to the admin, moderators and owners of this forum to provide a place where trading is being discussed so neatly and in a varied fashion.

I am a newbie to trading world, per se. I traded based on my broker’s calls back in 2011. Made handsome profits and then went to breakeven, then made profits again and went to some losses, then again went to breakeven and eventually stopped following the broker’s calls after making some profits. I was thinking why I should risk my money based on someone else’s services (that too when the services are for free!!!). Stopped trading in late 2012.

I embarked on finding (and then learning) a method that will consistently provide profits. Started off with basic technical analysis, then went on to Elder’s safezone-triple screen method. Found it very much forthcoming. The only problem faced was that the stop used to be way too far to dare taking the position (money management was not allowing taking such positions). Kept the method aside for time being.

Since early 2015, turned my attention to Elliott Wave Theory (EWT, henceforth). Read/got to know the basics from a relative-of-relative of a friend of mine. And here I am.

What do I want to do?
I want to keep a log of my deductions made per the EWT as seen and arrived at in realtime. I will start with NIFTY spot and check my performance first.

Why log stuff in the forum?
Keeping the log on a forum open for anyone to read will make logging more ‘sincere’ than keeping it in just-for-me word file. More valuable stuff will be the comments it will attract (I hope senior, experienced trader members will also comment).

What to log?
View of the market, with probable targets and stop(s). Possibly, an alternate view if the stop(s) are hit will also be logged (although it will be pretty difficult for a newbie like me). Lets see. I am looking at logging 2-3 times a week.

Any comments and criticism is always welcome. Afterall, that’s the best part of this forum.

So, all said and done, this is where I am!

Thanks for reading!

Persistenttrader

Disclaimer: Whatever I am writing in this forum is only for educational purpose. No one should treat it or infer anything from it as any sort of advice. If any person does it or takes positions based on what I write, the person is doing so at completely his/her own risk. I make it clear that any loss of any sort (not limited to anything) incurred by any person is that person’s sole responsibility and I will not have any connection whatsoever to the loss as mentioned above.

Hi niftychannel,

I had actually posted my view per EWT but traderji rejected the post as it sounded like I gave trading calls or something like that. I need to rephrase the analysis such that it will not sound like trading call! I will get with traderji and work out on rephrasing the analysis today or tomorrow.

Thanks for asking!

@Jakkur - thanks! I've sent my updated post to traderji. Basically removed all the text and kept only the charts with labels. Removed the extrapolated (which may be interpreted as opinion of price movement) lines too. Now all that it contains is the charts (daily and weekly) with labels.

I really hope my updated post is approved by the mod.

Hi Mods,

I had tried to put up this post earlier but with some other text. Tarderji had rejected that citing violation of forum rules since it mentioned price target of NIFTY spot and so forth. After that, I had updated the post removing all the text from it and keeping only the charts (NIFTY spot charts); the wave-C extrapolation was removed from the charts as well. I had sent the updated post to traderji for approval (as reply to the warning pm I had received for the original post). I have not heard back from him since yesterday, so I am putting up this post for your approval. If you still feel that what my below post says is sounding like a trading call or opinion/target price opinion, pls let me know. Else, request you to pls approve the post to show up in the thread. Thanks!

*** post starts

NIFTY spot daily chart as of 6/19 EOD

NIFTY spot weekly chart as of 6/19 EOD

*** post ends

ram2010

Hi Mods,

I had tried to put up this post earlier but with some other text. Tarderji had rejected that citing violation of forum rules since it mentioned price target of NIFTY spot and so forth. After that, I had updated the post removing all the text from it and keeping only the charts (NIFTY spot charts); the wave-C extrapolation was removed from the charts as well. I had sent the updated post to traderji for approval (as reply to the warning pm I had received for the original post). I have not heard back from him since yesterday, so I am putting up this post for your approval. If you still feel that what my below post says is sounding like a trading call or opinion/target price opinion, pls let me know. Else, request you to pls approve the post to show up in the thread. Thanks!

*** post starts

NIFTY spot daily chart as of 6/19 EOD

NIFTY spot weekly chart as of 6/19 EOD

*** post ends

Elliot wave is all about predicting targets. without that, the purpose won't be fulfilled.

The forum rules has serious flaws.