Discount Broker Comparison

View attachment 49156

this data is lagging Zerodha recently said they have already crossed 1 cr accounts
The definition of "active" clients varies, I guess.

How does this compare with the overall growth in the markets ? The number of active traders increased from corona times.

I don't know if I should be looking for new broker after Finvasia tech glitch last week. I am kinda thinking of I should, based on my initial google search these are the ones I am thinking of. How good are these brokers? Can I go ahead with one of them?
* Kotak Securities - 99/- Account opening charges - Nil brokerage for day trading.
How is Kotak securities for day trading? This one is in top of my list for now. 3 in 1 account, there is no clearing charges, don't know if there are any catch/hidden charges once I open the account. There is no clarity on AMC as I am not gonna use demat account. Basic account shouldn't attract any charges, right?
* mStock - 999/- Account opening charges - Nil brokerage; Operating charges - 99/quarter (Something new?)
What's that 2400/- they are talking about while opening account with mStocks? mStocks is just a year old, don't know how they are. Don't know why the account opening charges is this heavy. And I don't buy when anyone say lifetime free. Eventually they will charge something like now they charge operating fee for one, they will sure come up with some new charges.
* Flattrade - 375/- Account opening charges - Nil brokerage.
Since I am looking for more reliable brokers, I don't know if I should be considering this as they are comparatively small.
I don't know how a broker can have nil clearing charge for equity sell, they have to pay the depository.

bpr

added year 2022 data ...removed mid year data and added few more brokers which I think are interesting and can be considered.
Upstox is bleeding heavily since last year
Zerodha growth stalled

finvasia grew 100% year on year for last 3 years... may be the reason for their tech glitch
flattrade finvasia copycat is growing as well very similar to finvasia grwth ...number wise behind by 2 years
tradesmartonline first time negative numbers

dhan grew out of nowhere after year 1 probably with lot of advertisement

1682179826196.png

godfather

added year 2022 data ...removed mid year data and added few more brokers which I think are interesting and can be considered.
Upstox is bleeding heavily since last year
Zerodha growth stalled

finvasia grew 100% year on year for last 3 years... may be the reason for their tech glitch
flattrade finvasia copycat is growing as well very similar to finvasia grwth ...number wise behind by 2 years
tradesmartonline first time negative numbers

dhan grew out of nowhere after year 1 probably with lot of advertisement

View attachment 49157

Reliability is a key factor when choosing a broker, and I admire IBKR’s performance in this regard. However, I would like to see more options from Indian brokers who can offer similar or better technical quality and customer service. Most brokers here have low or minimum brokerage fees, but that is not enough. We need a robust and secure platform with excellent customer service.

Reliability is a key factor when choosing a broker, and I admire IBKR’s performance in this regard. However, I would like to see more options from Indian brokers who can offer similar or better technical quality and customer service. Most brokers here have low or minimum brokerage fees, but that is not enough. We need a robust and secure platform with excellent customer service.
Among the Indian brokers, I have found VNS (Tradesmartonline) to be the sturdiest and to the point. Their platform is Nest with no charting, but the simplicity and integrity are unmatcheable. Use other options for charting.

godfather

Among the Indian brokers, I have found VNS (Tradesmartonline) to be the sturdiest and to the point. Their platform is Nest with no charting, but the simplicity and integrity are unmatcheable. Use other options for charting.
Heard about them from there monthly plan. Need to see more reviews and customer feedback. Google reviews is not helping :confused:

View attachment 49156

this data is lagging Zerodha recently said they have already crossed 1 cr accounts
Wow! I have created a similar one.
Total no. of account and active clients are different, right?
But still > 60% of the clients are active is impressive.
I don't know how a broker can have nil clearing charge for equity sell, they have to pay the depository.
They say they get back some of the charges we pay as incentive from exchange? or something.
They barely have active clients. When I first heard about them it felt like they only cater HNI.
Ridiculously high clearing charges, probably the second highest after Tradeplus, AFAIK.
Heard about Fyers charting is good, but why do they still charge clearing fee. They are already a clearing member, right?