Discount Broker Comparison

if you love the tools offered by zerodha but not the company, then try alice blue. if you love metatrader then you are in for a surprise. you could get away with lifetime free metatrader just with an one time subscription. however, you will need my reference to get that offer.

disclaimer: i dont get any affiliate commission or anything for this recommendation.
Please post details

No of active clients in discount Brokers update

View attachment 34335
Zerodha nearly doubled its already large client base in just one year, despite all of their glitches, so I presume there's definitely room for other discount-brokers with better infrastructure & offerings to take off some of their clients in the future. I guess being in the news helps them a lot more than other discount-brokers.

Wondering why so less clients in IB despite having a stable robust platform and a discounted pricing model.
I presume it's because of high net-worth requirements, margin-requirements & very high call & trade charges, so they really need to pull up their socks on those fronts to increase their client-base because IF they did that then they could easily take over the Indian market with their pricing + TWS + free API + free Amibroker plugin + professional customer-support.

Having said that the problem with IB, like any large organization, especially IB India, seems to be that the Indian managers are either too timid to convey the needs of the Indian broking industry to their U.S. higher-ups or aren't given much of a say in how things are done by their U.S. higher-ups. A few days ago, I talked to one of their Indian (supposedly) in-charge & he seemed totally unwilling to make any counter-offers to a client who's going to generate several tens of thousands of rupees in brokerage every month, so either he's really bad at managing or he doesn't have much of a say in how IB India is run.

bpr

No of active clients in discount Brokers update

View attachment 34335
Forgot to add zerodha has now become number one in clients beating ICICI and all full service brokers. Zerodha has now come full circle from 2009 till now from birthing discount brokerage in India to now top of the industry. It is a definite victory of discount brokerage over full service brokerage.

augubhai

What is the definition of an "active client"?

I stopped trading with Zerodha many years back, but I still get regular quarterly account statements and retention statements from Zerodha, showing that I have a balance of 98 paise with them. The only reason that 98 paise is with them is because they did not allow decimals in the withdrawal amount. Was it a ruse to increase the number of active clients?

What is the definition of an "active client"?

I stopped trading with Zerodha many years back, but I still get regular quarterly account statements and retention statements from Zerodha, showing that I have a balance of 98 paise with them. The only reason that 98 paise is with them is because they did not allow decimals in the withdrawal amount. Was it a ruse to increase the number of active clients?
How to close accounts with discount brokers- Zerodha, Upstox, Fyers?

I don't think brokers ever close account, they just refund clients amount and that's it. my sharekhan account got closed 3 yrs back but now also i'm getting msg on my no. that my net balance is 0 in equity & commodity.