Demat & trading account opening time period

hi friends,
I need to know the quickest time period in which one can open a demat + trading account & share trades.
Also please advice on the best company to be with for this.
I am a complete newbie to trading & I need to sell & get funds of my shares(which are in physical format) as soon as possible.
Complete instructions to solve the above problem would be helpful.

SavantGarde

Quickest is same day by evening....but that shouldn't be a priority for at the moment.

Suggest you open a Demat cum Trading Account with a Broker who is close to your Place of Work or Residence.

If there is Angel Broking... then open an account with them...
1st year AMC for Demat should be free
and your Brokerage shouldn't be more than 0.20% for delivery.

Since your holdings are in Physical Certificates.... You need to be a little careful while placing the Sell order on your own or through the Broker Dealer.

If you call the Broker Dealer to Place instruct him to place the order as 'Odd Lot'

If You are doing it yourself from a Trading Platform...you will need to select 'Odd Lot' or 'OL' from the drop down applet that opens for placing the sell order.

Hope ... you are the 'Sole Holder' on all the Physical Certificates that you own.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

hi friends,
I need to know the quickest time period in which one can open a demat + trading account & share trades.
Also please advice on the best company to be with for this.
I am a complete newbie to trading & I need to sell & get funds of my shares(which are in physical format) as soon as possible.
Complete instructions to solve the above problem would be helpful.

very very true guys!
i had this friend of mine who lost a big amount of money because his trade did not squaire off at 330... he later operated with reliance n adviced me to do the same!
honestly i loved the platform! because as a begginer i had no clue of how to operate.... but never seen anything as userfriendly as their platform.... and powerful enough to perform multiple actions!