Day Trading Stocks & Futures

mohan.sic

fakeout/spring /ut/dt/db all are same with different names.
it's a PA setup. entry is different than the setup and based on the bull or bear signal bars. at times they are also reversal bars. like in the above chart bear fakeout has a decent signal bar the one I have marked with an arrow whereas at bull fakeout its a strong bull reversal signal bar.
if you follow candlesticks reversal patterns and have good command over it use them as more of the time (not always ) strong candle reversal pattern is there to take the entry.
but most imp thing is PA reading then set up and then entry

BTW these fakeouts or the way I trade has nothing to do with Nial Fuller style fakeout

the query was Have you identified bull and bear fake out candles the moment they are closed

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
looking at DOW, Monday opening will be near 10900 it seems..
Are you averaging a losing trade? Is the position in NF?
Nifty is unlikely to give any correction before it completes sell 13 with bank nifty, which is 2 trending days minimum as per current chart scenario.
Not prudent to carry a losing position and also add to it on hope.

travi

Nifty is unlikely to give any correction before it completes sell 13 with bank nifty, which is 2 trending days minimum as per current chart scenario.
In 2nd setup, both indices got into sync whereas in the 1st, BN was like a lost lamb :)
sync'd indices give clear picture.

Trade is not on hope brother.. Its calculated risk based on my own study..in general i wont carry forward any position..this is my 2nd trade in carry forwarding future contract..

Yes..position is in Nifty future, if Nifty Spot reaches 10900, will add equal qty of NF shorts..with that avarage entry price will be around 10700... SL is 11300 in nifty spot ..hardly 500 points...target is 8600..risk tomorrow reward is 1:4 ..

Different people follow different chart.. But you are right about banknifty , i was expecting bank nifty to reach 23400 when nifty reaches 10900, but now i dont think Banknify will even cross 23000 again in this calendar year...

As long as 11300 not broken upside i will remain will wait for 8600 and later for 6400..

If market prove me wrong, i will have to re-align myself for long term investment plan...