Day Trading Stocks & Futures

...In Indian market you won't get oil exploration firms. and that's why it's "financial derivative" which derives indian rs prices from WTI Crude from NYMEX.
Ok. But that seems to exhibit the sheer laziness of all parties involved. How does anybody in ONGC/Oil India/Reliance/BPCL's treasury even justify using this contract to hedge their future output/purchases? This is the main commodity exchange in the country? Does it even have access to any crude storage?

Last edited:

mohan.sic

because that's what the definition of Crude on MCX is

Due date rate shall be the settlement price, in Indian rupees, of the New York Mercantile Exchange’s (NYMEX)# Crude Oil (CL) front month contract on the last trading day of the MCX Crude Oil contract.

To delivery settlement of WTI and/or Brent means both producers and consumers has to be on exchange. In Indian market you won't get oil exploration firms. and that's why it's "financial derivative" which derives indian rs prices from WTI Crude from NYMEX.
is crude only financial derivative, no delivery in India ?

What instruments do you trade?
How do you trade? Intra-day? Swing? What rules for entry and what rules for exit?
i trade / ( aka gamble) nifty / bnf options particular weeks.. no chart or system .. just like make a guess and buy CE or PE.. will do intraday and most probably carry forward too .. yesterday was right and made around 73k and today wrong and loss 79k ... days going like this

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Auto-2Wheeler-Ev-nonEV

https://www.financialexpress.com/au...lectric-price-ev-sales-in-india-spec/1936322/

The Indian EV industry grew by 20% in the last fiscal.

The sales for electric vehicles grew from 1,30,000 units to 1,56,000 of which 1,52,000 units of them came from the electric two-wheeler segment alone.

9 out of 10 of every electric scooter sold in India are all slow-speed models which are limited to a maximum speed of 25kmph.

I see more people riding slow moving EV if they are NOT using public transport. :p

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Ok. But that seems to exhibit the sheer laziness of all parties involved. How does anybody in ONGC/Oil India/Reliance/BPCL's treasury even justify using this contract to hedge their future output/purchases? This is the main commodity exchange in the country? Does it even have access to any crude storage?
I updated my response earlier.

MCX allows some commodities financial settled and others as deliverable.

1587561811243.png