Day Trading Stocks & Futures

basic idea on timing is already shared " when there was excess panic bought stocks for delivery as a part of my plan"
stock and qty is individuals choice...
how to define excess panic?
can we be little practical and talk in plain language.. so that deep meaning can be understood.

For example, i define my intra day trade like below.

Bought NF 1 lot above 8000 with initial stop loss 7800 and target 8500.
Reason : some setup

Quantity is adjusted in such way that my max loss is 1% of capital.

Similarly if SMART Trader sir can tell his plan, i am sure it benefits every one.

XRAY27

@XRAY27, I dont know what expectations you had, but I never had any expectations right from beginning. Point me to any one post of mine where I have shown any expectations or which has be been biased to trading or investing. All my posts have been neutral and applicable to all types of traders. To be frank I have always told that I started my journey through trading and to be clear have made lot of money. Even now I dont classify myself as a pure buy and hold investor, I continue the same trading strategy on stocks just that the time frame is larger.

I am not aware of how big is your trading capital, but once I reached a certain level I realized my mistake, along with trading if I had also started trading in equity cash and built my portfolio slowly its value would now be more than 10 times my total earning from trading so far. If someone thinks its difficult to trade in stocks, let me put it bluntly, if you think your day trading strategy has an edge, then how difficult would it be to apply the same strategy on equity cash trading at no leverage? Many are not interested because initially the capital is small and the return is also small. But the effect of compounding is felt only after a decade. This is what I had been sharing all along, the time lost is very difficult to get back and this is one mistake I realized a little late as no one guided me about it.

People usually quote Buffet, Jhunjunwala etc for value investing, does it mean they never trade the stocks in their portfolio? Think!!! they will regularly manage their exposure and book profits based on their strategy,maybe they dont close the complete positions, but if the original value condition is lost they dont hesitate to close all their positions. Buffet reached his 1st billion only at the age of 56, that is the power of compounding and discipline.

Now I dont know your agenda, but dont act being on moral high ground and generalize that most in this forum are like what you mentioned. Dont forget that you also belong to the group of super traders who asked me to mind my own business for defending the advantages of investing along with trading. Just know that if someone start investing along with trading it will not reduce the limelight of super traders or attraction of day trading...but just be compassionate enough to understand that it may help some really struggling traders by giving them some confidence of alternative saving options as it is not possible for everyone to become super trader.
i just shared my story from 2011 in good sprite from where i was active,..carry on brother ,thanks for rating a day trader and swing as super trader..i also rate you as super investor,for the knowledge you possess never ever used forum for any special purpose,i'm not of that class.iam not a person who just hate others type of trader / investor

iwillwin

i just shared my story from 2011 in good sprite from where i was active,..carry on brother ,thanks for rating a day trader and swing as super trader..i also rate you as super investor,for the knowledge you possess never ever used forum for any special purpose,i'm not of that class.iam not a person who just hate others type of trader / investor
I like super traders and super investors