KMB 180 cr
HDFC Bank 2340 cr
Source: Jefferies
RBL also falling, any exposure to IBull

TraderRavi

low risk profile

lemondew

Hi mohan.sic,

Nice to know about your experience. I think you must be having a very good memory which can retain a very good amount of details to be able to tell it precisely. I have not had that.

But fortunately programming is available for guys like me. I checked some strategies on many stocks for a long period which covered most good stocks. The stocks included reliance capital, rcom, pnb, yes bank union bank.

From the period 2016-18. Among the worst performing were rcom, relcapital. But surprising among the best performing were pnb, union bank, yes bank. All of these stocks were hammered down in this period. So it all depends on strategy. I dont personally trade these stocks since margins are removed from these stocks... but I didnt find the strategy to not be working on account of volatility.

I am very experienced in doing chillar trades. No opposing your view, I know you said it in a specific context, but just sharing my trading exp in this.
Do not trade tainted companies even intraday. There is no edge on a broader scale for regular trading if we trade on these. Bcz the volatility and movements in these kind of stocks cannot be gauged by Technical analysis. We never know how they react, sudden rise and falls happen in these stocks on smaller time frames and they gradually erode in larger times frames.

But if we trade intraday on good stocks like Kotak bank or Reliance etc.... we have a inherent edge that, these stocks react to basic TA on any time frame, & moreover they don't move too adversely. Also if the trader has capability, they can convert the intraday loss positions to delivery either partially or full without much worry as they are stocks with good fundamentals. For regular intraday traders, Doing intraday on good stocks has a built in edge.