Day Trading Stocks & Futures

midhoo

the expiry jackpots come and go. waiting will only make you miss it. i took 22300 pe at 55 and sold at 118.
also 11300 next week pe at 75 and sold at 106
Majority of my entries are ok, but very bad at taking profits (exiting very early). I think you are good at taking profits also. Is there any hard rules you follow or dynamically adjust as per market conditions ?

kharikumaar

You can track these setups using Sensibull option platform.
i calculate the gann levels in the morning and use it as an guidance for my supports and res. stops and profits levels. but i generally carry and modify with the market dynamically. As I said earlier i am a very visual trader. i try to get inputs from market movements and modify my trades based on the sense I get. else I let the trades run to my set stops or targets.
for eg. if i sense a good move in one direction and I happen to be on the correct side I may carry the trade with trailing stops, whereas if I am on the wrong side I may exit even if the stops havent been hit.. of course there are times when this has not worked out, like i would have exited too early or unnecessarily covered, but largely it has been beneficial to me

kharikumaar

you are doing extremely good at option trades....if possible, open the separate thread to give live calls
i am not "extremely" good like you say. i too have my losses, but overall am better off. i do not want to get into the giving calls business. Like I had learnt how to trade on my own instead of being dependent on someone from one of the old time greats of this forum( SAINT) , i had sort of detailed the method i use in my madness, if someone can learn from it and modify it to suit his trading style and benefit, it would be great. its better for people to understand their own strengths and weaknesses and devise a strategy to suit their style using the various inputs from others who are willing to share their methods

Last edited: