Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

Raj232 ji, as per your explanation the indicator is plotting as below...

Center Band = 20 period SMA

Upper Band = 20 period SMA x (1 + 3%)

Lower Band = 20 period SMA x (1 - 3%)

just for under standing.... thanks in advance..
Thanks for these details. I'm understanding it better now :)
... although the basics always come down to something on the moving averages .. as usual :)

kharikumaar

do you cover on chart or your OI analysis only?
:D, not necessarily a fixed method. but in addition to the gann levels i take for support and resistance, i also rely on visual input to analyse the market, i keep looking at the market movement to get a feel of it's strength , many may not agree with me but it is a good indicator . i can usually get a sense of the market direction looking at how easily or how tediously the market moves in either direction. so, based on all these i decide on the closing of a position. so when i saw the market struggling to move upwards after racing in the morning i realised it may stall or fall. so i not only closed my position i decided to take a reverse position if it keeps struggling.

i expect some sort of premium eating may happen. and this will be rapid in ATM and ITM options more than OTM. so i picked a little far off one to carry for next week too. ( current feeling). but if it moves against me drastically today or in my favour i may cover it. , because in spite of my best efforts the market refuses to listen to what i want

:D, not necessarily a fixed method. but in addition to the gann levels i take for support and resistance, i also rely on visual input to analyse the market, i keep looking at the market movement to get a feel of it's strength , many may not agree with me but it is a good indicator . i can usually get a sense of the market direction looking at how easily or how tediously the market moves in either direction. so, based on all these i decide on the closing of a position. so when i saw the market struggling to move upwards after racing in the morning i realised it may stall or fall. so i not only closed my position i decided to take a reverse position if it keeps struggling.

i expect some sort of premium eating may happen. and this will be rapid in ATM and ITM options more than OTM. so i picked a little far off one to carry for next week too. ( current feeling). but if it moves against me drastically today or in my favour i may cover it. , because in spite of my best efforts the market refuses to listen to what i want
Wow! Sooo many emotions involved! I would be a nervous wreck after doing all this.
Mera heads I buy, tails I sell, is waayyy better:cool::cool:

kharikumaar

Wow! Sooo many emotions involved! I would be a nervous wreck after doing all this.
Mera heads I buy, tails I sell, is waayyy better:cool::cool:
:D Actually theres not much of emotions involved. its just that it sounds complicated and intense because i wanted to describe in detail. i just look at the market watch and way the indexes and the options move gives a good enough feeling, theres no emotion involved there. its like how you look at a maruti 800 climbing a slope and a bmw 5 series doing the same slope, watching them move gives you a sense of the effort each is putting in do the same work, ( crude analogy but it works ). even now as i see though the market keeps racing up i don't sense any strength till now.

you can also see the puts are not dropping the way they should and the calls not rising the way they should. it's just a collective picture. once you know what to look for it is actually effortless. i am not saying it works all the time. but it is a good enough indicatore and i also take it into consideration when taking a decision.

the minute i sense something going against it i exit. . i've had things boomerang on me but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

That is what I have asked @marimuthu13 before as well, but he is holding it as a secret.. :nailbiting:
Bhai no secret...i was expecting sharp rejection around 11270 which was 76.4 % retracment ( high 12500 , low - 7500)

Posted same messages many times well in advance..here .....

Also that is expiry day trade ..zero or hero...