Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

VAR plus ELM margin is enough for intraday cash trader.... It gives us around 5 times leverage as on average for f&o stocks
yes MM bhai, but problem those SEBI guys not considering is when we put multi orders as per a system. All wont execute and that is where 30X leveraged help for example.

Anyone who naked trades with 30X is different animal ( i dont think its very sustainable ), per trade basis 5X works out but now the whole order things needs a revisit.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
VAR plus ELM margin is enough for intraday cash trader.... It gives us around 5 times leverage as on average for f&o stocks
products like BO/CO are days of past.

However, I won't count on MIS either, SEBI will try finding other reasons to reduce liquidity in market.

Now that option selling or even buying stock needs more margin, some day trader might start 'buying options' and give more money back to writers.. (just my assumption, backed by no research)

RIP intraday leverage !!
Don't jump the gun.
Anyway, leverage is less of an issue, than loss of liquidity. Even with enough surplus funds, slippage and spreads will impact trading costs.
There will be a rollback or rationalization of this circular. Has happened before, when they tried to cap exposure to networth about 18 months ago.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
19% drop in Profits YoY. short term pain still not over in economy and this grinding will continue :)
the employee cost is reduced by same amount the Q1 profit is increased over Prev Quarter. It's worrisome precedence. They might have reduced incentives or fired temp/contract staff. Plus there is further reduction in other expenses..

I can hazard a guess as to them introducing mini and micro futures contracts. The Government cannot obviously lose their cash cow.