Day Trading Stocks & Futures

checkmate7

I am not looking at dole or helicopter money. That would have a crippling effect. Going forward, I am expecting some policy support that would subsidize and enable the battered businesses.
Lets see what is today's Mitroon in-store for everyone :D

TraderRavi

low risk profile
my two cents.
if you are concentrating on purely intraday for the option. the complication of time decay etc etc shouldnt weigh you down on your decision. it will have an effect if the movement is sideways for the day. there will be some play to deliberately beat down the premium but if the direction is proper, i.e, if you are trading on a strategy and buy accordingly this wont have much impact.
i also did a lot of reading on all the greeks etc., couldnt follow half of it and later on real ground found they are more for jazz value than actual implication. ( not saying it is bunkum) but for intraday this shouldnt have a major influence. just my opinion , have lived by it and found it good.
Sir, I Respect your views.
I am also an options trader, only index , intraday.
Initially i have tried with options buying, but my success rate was less.
Then, once I switched over to selling options, I am more successful.

mohan.sic

yes Sir, i agree with u,,,
earlier 9100CE OI was at 14 lakhs... in 20 mins they fired market orders n bought 9100 CE n covered their 8 lakhs shorts which they had added in morning, n reduced their shorts from 14 lakhs to 6 lakhs.....
i try to be as accurate as possible, but it is difficult to intrepret Oi properly... :rolleyes:
i mostly use elliott waves, n it usually has 2 probabilities so i eliminate 1 probability by interpreting OI...

Sir ur excel sheet will not freeze if u use this code before web query in vba...

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlManual

n after webquery this code...
Application.Calculation = xlAutomatic
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

:)
Hi

See these changes in OI wont precede the price move. They follow the price move.
so this change in Oi - smart money logic always seems good on analysis or you see them working excellent on eod option chain pages.

you will a huge OI built up at a particular strike and think that market may not break that level as it acts as a support/resistance due to huge concentration of open positions. But it wont work like that. These levels change and even may change very dynamic. As market moves the strikes with large OI built up keeps changing.

But view from this OI studies can act as a confirmation.