Day Trading Stocks & Futures

The same fate awaits most of the traders too.....My experience says for every 2-3 successful traders there are 20 who go bankrupt,50 cannot make it in trading,25 are marginal traders, making some money here and losing some there but they keep hoping that some day they will make it big in trading....few may become successful but most will stay alive on hope and stay poor....so don’t think that investmentis bad but trading is way to riches...many will soon find out the truth but that will be too late for them to do anything else in life....

And if you think that investors should invest for less than 1 year time horizon,then you are wrong...investors should invest only money which they can afford to keep aside for next 3 years and buy good scrips with growth and honest managements...To give you an example of 2008 crash,index took 14-16 moths to come to the top but strong stocks did that in 6-8 months....same will happen this time.....

Smart_trade
Lol. I never disputed any of that. Those who stick to a mechanical plan will always be ahead of the curve in contrast to those who are discretionary traders. They will spend a lifetime in figuring it out, by which time it would be too late.

Lol. I never disputed any of that. Those who stick to a mechanical plan will always be ahead of the curve in contrast to those who are discretionary traders. They will spend a lifetime in figuring it out, by which time it would be too late.
I know that you are a new kid for mechanical trading.....I wish you all the luck but don’t think someone else is successful in mechanical trading you too will be successful....post with authority once you make 50 L from your trading......not on bookish knowledge and reading some articles.....grow up man....

We were discussing investing and trading and not mechanical and discretionary trading.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
People may or may not agree with his views but no one forced them to do investments at a gun point.....they should have used their common sense and judgements......it is like trading a good system and if there is a loss, blame the system,the person who developed the system ,market,operators but not blame ourselves.....investment or trading one has to take full responsibility of one’s decisions...and not be a crybaby.....

The PMS managers are getting more clients in this fall and we need not worry about them....

Most of the criticism is coming from people who never invested a single rupee in last 10 generations and who will never invest in their next 10 generations.....:Dbut everyone is ready to comment.....

Smart_trade
Seems you are heavily biased towards bullishness as you become full.time.investor..

Any views against bullishness/investment , you are just started to attack ...

Let everyone express their views freely whether its wrong or right

I know that you are a new kid for mechanical trading.....I wish you all the luck but don’t think someone else is successful in mechanical trading you too will be successful....post with authority once you make 50 L from your trading......not on bookish knowledge and reading some articles.....grow up man....

We were discussing investing and trading and not mechanical and discretionary trading.....

Smart_trade
Thank you for the advice and the luck you wanted me to have. I greatly appreciate your big heartedness.

travi

This seems to have become too frequent. Almost every holiday/weekend ppl are feeling sad for those who invested at 11k or 12k etc

I said it many times, and saying it again, so if you meet those "poor" souls you can share the advice(free).

The fool is not the one that goes in at 11-12k, whether on his/her own, or on recco.

The fool is:
1) who blindly bought 1-2 stocks and thought of hitting RJ type jackpot based on stories, whether NS at 6k or 12k.

2) the guy who now dumps his entire portfolio at 7k and says, when NS 2-3k will come, i will buy everything back

3) the guy who dumps his entire portf and calls mkt a scam & everyone associated with it and swears to never invest.

Every single investor/trader faces drawdowns, and you can only see them in hindsight. so go pass this advice for free, and tell them to hold tight, make sure they've diversified into quality names, and even if it takes 2-3-4yrs, they'll get a good return.
Compounding phenomena begins in year 9-10 onwards so that should be the minimum timeframe of an investor.

Seems you are heavily biased towards bullishness as you become full.time.investor..

Any views against bullishness/investment , you are just started to attack ...

Let everyone express their views freely whether its wrong or right
I am not....I am expecting the market to make a new low...people can post their views but saying that my view is the only right view and others are wrong is something I object.....the attack how can I start? There are many millionaire traders here and I am in minority....I just put things in proper perspective.....

ST

I am not....I am expecting the market to make a new low...people can post their views but saying that my view is the only right view and others are wrong is something I object.....the attack how can I start? There are many millionaire traders here and I am in minority....I just put things in proper perspective.....

ST
Minority is a Privilege in India :)

XRAY27

This seems to have become too frequent. Almost every holiday/weekend ppl are feeling sad for those who invested at 11k or 12k etc

I said it many times, and saying it again, so if you meet those "poor" souls you can share the advice(free).

The fool is not the one that goes in at 11-12k, whether on his/her own, or on recco.

The fool is:
1) who blindly bought 1-2 stocks and thought of hitting RJ type jackpot based on stories, whether NS at 6k or 12k.

2) the guy who now dumps his entire portfolio at 7k and says, when NS 2-3k will come, i will buy everything back

3) the guy who dumps his entire portf and calls mkt a scam & everyone associated with it and swears to never invest.

Every single investor/trader faces drawdowns, and you can only see them in hindsight. so go pass this advice for free, and tell them to hold tight, make sure they've diversified into quality names, and even if it takes 2-3-4yrs, they'll get a good return.
Compounding phenomena begins in year 9-10 onwards so that should be the minimum timeframe of an investor.
Perfect !!! many will have pony capital for investment ,they think like trader and end like investor,which makes them frustrate and blow there capital ,investment needs time to grow. draw down in part and parcel of stock market cycle either its trading or investment.