Day Trading Stocks & Futures

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I like PM's "Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao" campaign. Each parent should know that each of the girl child are in fact cute little "super girl child".. They've more care and emotions towards their loving parents than boys.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/quint/truth-of-beti-bachao-beti-padhao-funds-spent-on-publicity
jan 2019 article

Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme on January 22, 2015 with two related aims. The quantitative aim was to address the declining Child Sex Ratio in India and the qualitative aim was to "change mindsets regarding the girl child". The approach, conceptualised by the government, involved "multi-sectoral action" through three ministries: Women and Child Development, Health and Family Welfare and Human Resource Development.

Four years later, data released by the government shows that its main aim has been publicity. Over 56 percent of the funds allocated under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme from 2014-15 to 2018-19, were spent on "media related activities". In contrast to this, less than 25 percent of the funds were disbursed to districts and states. Over 19 percent of the funds weren't released by the government in the first place.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
India still lacks accountability. Previous budget marked several big infra spendings and projects. However nowhere it’s mentioned (may be its there but I haven’t came across yet) how much was actually spent and utilised. For example Defence expenditure is mentioned in last 6 year budget but in actual capex spending is going down i.e. armed forces are not getting new equipments and most of funding is for salaries and pensions or isn’t released. Another example is Beti Bachao Beti Padao abhiyaan. 60% is spent on advertisements 20% is not released at all in first 4-5 years!!