Day Trading Stocks & Futures

checkmate7

Earnings Season here.. So some strategies:DD.Only Two years of data available.

Instrument : TCS , Strategy : ATM Long Straddle 8 Days before Result day.Exit 1 day before earning.
View attachment 39596

What works for TCS does not work for Infy.

Instrument : Infy , Strategy : ATM Short Straddle 8 Days before Result day.Exit 1 day before earning.
View attachment 39597
Will continue....
Sanju Bhai what happened to this strategy did you make money in it for the above stocks ??

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Sanju Bhai what happened to this strategy did you make money in it for the above stocks ??
I did not do Pre result ones. I did all the post result. I sold ATM straddles and current score 6/6. Too many results at the same time. Cannot participate in all of them. Avoiding some of them as liquidity issues.
1.IndusindBank;2.Wipro;3.TCS;4.HDFCBank;5.KotakBank;6.FederalBank.

bpr

Say capital is 100 Rs. So my initial bet or risk is 1 Rupee. Now, if I win the trade (with 1:1 RR) I will risk 1 Rupee on the next trade. If I win that also, my risk would be 2 Rs on the 3rd trade.
Assume, I loose the 3rd trade, then I would restart with 1 Re. again. If I win the 3rd trade, the risk on 4th trade would be 3% - a loss would again put me to risk 1%, and a win would make me risk 5% next trade.
The trade with a 5% risk will lead to a next trade with either 2% risk or 8% risk.
this idea is similar to anti martingale. Look it up. here instead of fibinacci you just double up and half down based on win or loss ...

Based on my past reasearch on this it does not give you any edge but may help you to manage the drawdown curve a little it. Ovbiously it is not free it comes at cost of your PnL ...so Too much effort too less outcome so I ditched it. Good luck with your research.

this idea is similar to anti martingale. Look it up. here instead of fibinacci you just double up and half down based on win or loss ...

Based on my past reasearch on this it does not give you any edge but may help you to manage the drawdown curve a little it. Ovbiously it is not free it comes at cost of your PnL ...so Too much effort too less outcome so I ditched it. Good luck with your research.
Thanks.
The challenge I am facing is to balance between two facts:
a) In a trade we can be assured of any outcome that will vary between the risk/stop loss and the take profit levels

b) Winning streaks are unpredictable and the method should be tuned to maximize these streaks - this will need dynamic position sizing and not some standard compounding logic.

Work is still in progress :) & any pointers are welcome