Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Last year, I noticed that some of the trades just managed entry and then turned back. It was like the trade is triggered, your entry is the highest/lowest for the day. This year I am watchful near my entries, and if it turns back after my entry I close positions and wait for the set up again. Today, my long trigger at 3pt filter above 10am high (12406.85) got triggered, I get an entry at 12407, mkt made a high of 12407.5 and turned back. I closed the position at the end of the BO bar and am waiting for a re-entry. So far saved twice this year. I don't really know if it is the correct thing to do but will know at the end of this year!

travi

Last year, I noticed that some of the trades just managed entry and then turned back. It was like the trade is triggered, your entry is the highest/lowest for the day. This year I am watchful near my entries, and if it turns back after my entry I close positions and wait for the set up again. Today, my long trigger at 3pt filter above 10am high (12406.85) got triggered, I get an entry at 12407, mkt made a high of 12407.5 and turned back. I closed the position at the end of the BO bar and am waiting for a re-entry. So far saved twice this year. I don't really know if it is the correct thing to do but will know at the end of this year!
on range bound days, this is more prominent because if ppl are trading the range, then shorts sit at the resistance while buyers at support.
hence the tuk-tuk, and this will be exact opp case on trend days and BO from range will draw a lot of traders and the losing side will add momentum by running for cover. sometimes the 1st attempt is a BO failure followed by 2nd round of stronger directional move.

This cant be foretold in advance so closing positions at key S/R areas on failures and waiting for re-entry is common for many incl me. Ofc, my assessment and observation is from my PA method and not mechanical.