Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Smart_trade Sir & Seniors, Can you please comment on my below plan, does it looks sensible. Also, if you think i have shortlisted wrong company, please reply. Thanks !

Current Status: i am currently investing 150,000 per month for past 6 months. I am planning to continue doing this for next 10-15 years.
Target: To hold this Portfolio for next 20-30 year (no hurry).
Expectation: Expecting 15% PA return in long run.
Shortlisted Stocks:
1579174475406.png

travi

@Smart_trade Sir & Seniors, Can you please comment on my below plan, does it looks sensible. Also, if you think i have shortlisted wrong company, please reply. Thanks !

Current Status: i am currently investing 150,000 per month for past 6 months. I am planning to continue doing this for next 10-15 years.
Shortlisted Stocks:
View attachment 39804
very nice list you got there and a good plan too of investing.

1. Sunpharma
My personal opinion though, Sunpharma is big but there has been mgmt ethics issues and other unwanted stuff related.
After that episode, stock hasn't recover very well.
My suggestion would be for you to look at DrReddy or Divislab (although a relatively smaller Co) which are pretty good alternatives.
OR you could allocate less capital to Sunpharma, and switch rest to either one. Biocon would definitely be on the list, but ppl not very happy due to under-performance.

If i compared your's to mine, i'd say some marquee names that I have which you may once in a while scan.
Reliance - This one will go all out to ensure clean mgmt, enough funds to power growth. Petroleum is here to stay for a few generations. Remember, lubricants, paints etc still need alot from here. Refining is good profit business.

Voltas - Your Havells covers the sector, this is what i hold.

Titan - I've had it for long ( more than doubled now ) , its from Tata group, ppl who want reliable stuff prefer this. Record of around 30% CAGR for a decade.

Britannia - Good stock, also consider Nestle ( ST baba highlighted this long back )

Jublfood - mostly powered by chains of food that attract crowd, ensure hygiene, innovate the menu etc

Cholafin - This is the only stock that isnt on my list.

Also note, it is not hard and fast that you will go old with them, if time and condition requires, we should not hesitate to replace that scrip.
The sectors you chose are all long term growth ones, so i dont take offence in some who are not fully diversified as in they wont have IT-Pharma etc but over LT you're positioned well.

Last edited:

AD_Trader

Shortlisted Stocks:
View attachment 39804
Solid list. Most are leaders in their sectors. In my opinion Infra and construction sector should also be included, L&T can be checked.
Apart from SBI Life, HDFC Life can be added.
I too own most of the stocks, barring few. In Pharma I prefer Divi's/IPCA. Sunpharma recently suffered some corporate issues, so a NO for me.
Havells is very aggressive in every aspect but recently facing stiff competition from peers. I would like to go with V-Guard instead.

Also, what allocation you give to each share is also very important factor.

Thanks for the feedback. Long time back there was a post by ST Sir about some of the points that he typically looks for before investing. And that has been like a "User Manual" to me :)

Learning from ST Sir:
1. Profit should be increasing YOY
> Consistency is the key > Price are slave of Profits (BAJAJFIN, HAVELLS is a great example).

2. Minimum Government intervention: Oil, Power, Coal sectors always have their Hand tied. So better invest in places where full potential of the company can come out.

3. Good management: TATA, BAJAJ are great example of clean management. Average business run by good management can do wonders.

4. Who is digital friendly: HDFC is a great example. Recently bought a house, and amazingly did not go to Bank even a single time, everything was done efficiently online.

5. Is it dominating market share: AsianPaint market share is more than 50%. If it has been dominating the market with a big share of market, high chances are there that it will continue dong so in future. So again, relaxed nights for investors.

6. Business entry barrier: BANK, NBFC, INSURANCE, 2/4 WHEELER. It gives us that surety that some new players cannot emerge all of a sudden. Jeff Bezos was also talking about the same 2 days back, that u never know some kid working from garage can disrupt the industry, so better safe than sorry.

Learning from Youtube:
1. Always have margin of safety
- buy only on correction. Not making money is "OK", but we should not lose money. Bought TVS last week on Iran issue, and within a week it is in 10.2% profit. Same for Cadila.

2. Think how world will be 20 years from now > Invest in those business. Some of the sectors like BANK, NBFC, FMCG, 4 WHEELER, INSURANCE, etc were there, is here, and will be there.

Here are the reasons (in my limited understanding) why some the stocks as mentioned above is not in my list:

RELIANCE:
1579178992246.png

VOLTAS:
1579179153658.png

TITAN:
1579179223845.png

NESTLE:
1579179260134.png

JUBILANTFOOD:
Looks good to me as well :)

Solid list. Most are leaders in their sectors. In my opinion Infra and construction sector should also be included, L&T can be checked.
Apart from SBI Life, HDFC Life can be added.
I too own most of the stocks, barring few. In Pharma I prefer Divi's/IPCA. Sunpharma recently suffered some corporate issues, so a NO for me.
Havells is very aggressive in every aspect but recently facing stiff competition from peers. I would like to go with V-Guard instead.

Also, what allocation you give to each share is also very important factor.
Thanks !
I had no idea there on Sunpharma management issue (my mistake). Yes in that case i will remove it from my list as well. The idea is to keep 20 top notch stocks.

Here are the additional details that i will post in sometime:
1. Entry in the Stock
2. Allocation
3. Hedging

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Thanks !
I had no idea there on Sunpharma management issue (my mistake). Yes in that case i will remove it from my list as well. The idea is to keep 20 top notch stocks.

Here are the additional details that i will post in sometime:
1. Entry in the Stock
2. Allocation
3. Hedging
in pharma you can look at Abbott also

soft_trader

This is in reference to the guidelines issued by the stock exchanges (NSE and BSE) in regards to "Abnormal / non-genuine transactions".

The stock exchanges have advised the stock brokers to refrain from entering abnormal / non – genuine transactions executed by clients primarily with an objective of transferring profit / loss between them or creation of artificial volume in securities / contracts.

Please note that a penalty of 15% of the profit earned / loss incurred, shall be levied by the exchanges on the stock broker, for both profit and loss making abnormal /non-genuine transactions, which shall be passed on to the respective client in whose account such transactions have taken place.

These guidelines are applicable with immediate effect, across the following segments i.e. Cash Market, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives and Commodity Derivatives.

You are requested to refrain from executing any transaction in your account which may be classified as "Abnormal / non-genuine transactions" by the exchange.

For further details in this regards, you may also refer to the circulars issued by NSE (NSE/INVG/2020/43144 dated January 07, 2020; NSE/INVG/2019/40175 dated February 07, 2019 and NSE/INVG/39647 dated December 13, 2018) and BSE (20190207-46 dated February 07, 2019 and 20181213-31 dated December 13, 2018).

travi

This is in reference to the guidelines issued by the stock exchanges (NSE and BSE) in regards to "Abnormal / non-genuine transactions".

The stock exchanges have advised the stock brokers to refrain from entering abnormal / non – genuine transactions executed by clients primarily with an objective of transferring profit / loss between them or creation of artificial volume in securities / contracts.

Please note that a penalty of 15% of the profit earned / loss incurred, shall be levied by the exchanges on the stock broker, for both profit and loss making abnormal /non-genuine transactions, which shall be passed on to the respective client in whose account such transactions have taken place.

These guidelines are applicable with immediate effect, across the following segments i.e. Cash Market, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives and Commodity Derivatives.

You are requested to refrain from executing any transaction in your account which may be classified as "Abnormal / non-genuine transactions" by the exchange.

For further details in this regards, you may also refer to the circulars issued by NSE (NSE/INVG/2020/43144 dated January 07, 2020; NSE/INVG/2019/40175 dated February 07, 2019 and NSE/INVG/39647 dated December 13, 2018) and BSE (20190207-46 dated February 07, 2019 and 20181213-31 dated December 13, 2018).
There seems to be a new kind of drug in town that some people are abusing at work :DD
anyone know about it ?