Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

If Metal stocks are reviving, will HEG Graphite will make a comeback too?

Not invested in any metal scripts.
yes but not as much bang as before.
Difference with metal stocks is directly based on demand/supply. whereas last year when metal boom was on, Cos already setup there electric furnace etc that require graphite electrodes from suppliers like HEG

Currently, production capacity is under-utilized ie. unless you expect more than 100% utilization of production. those ancilliaries of metal cos will still balance/underperform ( not a major jump in demand ). They should still supply/maintain existing furnaces.

lemondew

I strictly trade mechanical in stocks....with whipsaws. But for swing I do a little bit of situation assesment it works better. I read it as the markets were beefed up for a significant anouncement yesterday after which there is booking and then i follow trend system with SL.

I trade this system only when i feel I can assess situation well when I have spare funds from my other system. Like any system assesment can be wrong and sL will take care
How did ur system in this up move from oct ? possible to share the basic logic you use.

vikas2131

I strictly trade mechanical in stocks....with whipsaws. But for swing I do a little bit of situation assesment it works better. I read it as the markets were beefed up for a significant anouncement yesterday after which there is booking and then i follow trend system with SL.

I trade this system only when i feel I can assess situation well when I have spare funds from my other system. Like any system assesment can be wrong and sL will take care
Personally i never deviate from system. I have been burned enough times by not following the system. good if you could judge the situation well and trade .

lemondew

Thats a good practice. Its good not to take half baked information from forums and take trades.

I have done some assesment backtesting and arrived at some conclusion on when to take trend trades on certain instruments....
Personally i never deviate from system. I have burned enough times by not following the system. good if you could judge the situation well and trade .