Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Pray that none of our friends on the forum have an a/c with Karvy

SEBI bans Karvy Broking for nearly Rs 2,000 crore in defaults
https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...rs-2000-crore-in-defaults/article30053349.ece

Karvy Stock Broking (KSBL) has been banned by SEBI for client defaults worth around Rs 2,000 crore making it one of the India’s largest cases of equity broker default. In an ex-parte interim order, SEBI banned Karvy from not only taking new clients but also from executing trades for current.
A recent inspection by National Stock Exchange revealed that KSBL transferred a net amount Rs 1,096 crore to its group company Karvy Realty between April 2016 and October 2019. KSBL sold pledged client shares via off-market transfer as its own in five out of nine client accounts amounting to Rs. 228.07 crore in 2019 and transferred stocks worth Rs. 27.8 crore from 156 clients who have not executed a single trade with them.
Rs 116-cr worth stock moved from clients a/c
Stocks worth Rs 116.3 crore were transferred from 291 clients who have not traded with KSBL since June 2019. KSBL sold excess securities (not available in DP account) to the tune of Rs. 485 crore through nine related clients. Further, KSBL has also transferred excess securities to six out of these nine related clients to the tune of Rs. 162 crore till May 2019. Stocks worth Rs 257.08 crore, pledged on behalf of four clients were un-pledged between June and August 2019 and securities worth of Rs 217.85 crores were recovered by KSBL from four out of the said nine client accounts. KSBL has also purchased securities in five out of the respective nine client accounts amounting to Rs. 228.07 crore in 2019.

How many frauds yet to come out in public :banghead:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Indian banks set to take a hit of Rs 36,000 crore from DHFL writeoff

India’s surprise seizure of a troubled Indian shadow bank won’t end the woes of its lenders, faced with the risk of heavy writeoffs if Dewan Housing Finance Corp. is declared a fraudulent account.

Only about Rs 5,500 crore of provisions would be required if the KPMG report absolves Dewan of irregular lending, Budhbhatti said.

Dewan has been struggling to repay its loans as the spreading shadow banking crisis has shut off new credit to the sector.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/72178513.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Fadnavis Takes Oath as CM, Ajit Pawar Becomes His Deputy

In an overnight coup, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) turned its tables on rivals with a faction of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) breaking away under Sharad Pawar's nephew Ajit Pawar and forming government under the leader of Devendra Fadnavis in the wee hours of Saturday morning. The development has brought a major twist in the Maharashtra saga as a day earlier it was senior Pawar who announced that the new Maharashtra government would be led by Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.

https://www.news18.com/news/politic...av-thackeray-sharad-pawar-mumbai-2397239.html

BJP played a political masterstroke and formed the Govt in Maharashtra early in the morning today with some MLAs from NCP support...Shivsena, NCP and Congress were is discussions till late night yesterday and now comes a masterstoke......

Jo Jeeta vohi Sikander....baaki sab bunder ( monkeys) ......Shivsena's tiger looks pathetic now....

Last edited:
How many frauds yet to come out in public :banghead:
SEBI is such a toothless paper tiger. Huge policy and regulatory lapses, even in terms of implementation. Wonder what they are doing. This makes everyone so wary. Trust is getting so eroded at such an exponential pace in all the institutions. Which are safe havens for our money? Eventually everyone will have to turn to State Bank and Post Office Savings only I suppose.

But honest question is which brokerage house to trust? Serious question. I hope there is a discussion on that now. Should we go for big Broking houses like Sharekhan and MOSL?

SEBI is such a toothless paper tiger. Huge policy and regulatory lapses, even in terms of implementation. Wonder what they are doing. This makes everyone so wary. Trust is getting so eroded at such an exponential pace in all the institutions. Which are safe havens for our money? Eventually everyone will have to turn to State Bank and Post Office Savings only I suppose.

But honest question is which brokerage house to trust? Serious question. I hope there is a discussion on that now. Should we go for big Broking houses like Sharekhan and MOSL?
that depends on what type of trader you are and how big is your capital to you. For day trading, which I am now not doing regularly, I prefer to go with a discount broker (its fyers).

for my positional trading, which is what most I am in, I am ok paying more in terms of brokerage but it has to be a well-established broker, whom I can trust (Still there is no guarantee that it won't go south). for me its sharekhan, its been in the business for more than a decade and not many issues I have head about it and has a good size office near my place.

that depends on what type of trader you are and how big is your capital to you. For day trading, which I am now not doing regularly, I prefer to go with a discount broker (its fyers).

for my positional trading, which is what most I am in, I am ok paying more in terms of brokerage but it has to be a well-established broker, whom I can trust (Still there is no guarantee that it won't go south). for me its sharekhan, its been in the business for more than a decade and not many issues I have head about it and has a good size office near my place.

I don't swing trade. I don't have the capital for that now. I am an intraday only trader.

BJP played a political masterstroke and formed the Govt in Maharashtra early in the morning today with some MLAs from NCP support...Shivsena, NCP and Congress were is discussions till late night yesterday and now comes a masterstoke......

Jo Jeeta vohi Sikander....baaki sab bunder ( monkeys) ......Shivsena's tiger looks pathetic now....

udhdhav thackrey is not capable like bala saheb thackrey and has not any guts to take decision by his own thinking ..now a days it looks like sanjay raut is running shiv sena and udhdhav became his pappet