Day Trading Stocks & Futures

I don't know, but search for Contra funds
Contra Funds are different....
An inverse ETF is an exchange-traded fund (ETF) constructed by using various derivatives to profit from a decline in the value of an underlying benchmark. Inverse ETFs allow investors to make money when the market or the underlying index declines, but without having to sell anything short.

I dont think we have reverse ETFs so far in India.

ST

Contra Funds are different....
An inverse ETF is an exchange-traded fund (ETF) constructed by using various derivatives to profit from a decline in the value of an underlying benchmark. Inverse ETFs allow investors to make money when the market or the underlying index declines, but without having to sell anything short.

I dont think we have reverse ETFs so far in India.

ST
Isn't that what a contra fund does too ?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Aap ka to double triple engine hain...day occupation medicine/surgery, plus swing trading plus investing in mutibaggers ......rupiye set karte karte thak jaenge aap.....
Par sahab paisa toh day trading mein hai, woh waala engine meri train se ulta bhaag gaya:DD

No...contra funds invest in stocks taking contra view in the market...so if a sector like steel which is coming down, contra funds will buy steel stocks in a falling market at a particular price point to profit when that sector starts performing and prices of stocks in that sector go up....examples Auto, cement, steel sector stocks....

Reverse ETFs are ETFs which buy puts on the underlying so when the underlying goes down the fund makes money.

Smart_trade

Contra Funds invest in stocks but with a contrarian view. They invest in stocks which are beaten down and they are expecting it to go up. They generally pick up stocks hoping the trend in them starts. They are just another mutual fund with a positive view on some stocks which is against the mainstream view.

Par sahab paisa toh day trading mein hai, woh waala engine meri train se ulta bhaag gaya:DD
Dr sahab, yeh day trading ka chakkar chhod do...you have a very lucrative, highly paying and highly satisfying day career.....just do that and invest wisely...you will be very rich...

I have few doctor couples both husband and wife in medicine /surgery practice in my family...they are very good earners by their medical profession but very bad investors...if you can combine good earning and excellent stock investing you will be rich beyond your dreams....so ferget day trading...

Smart_trade

vivektrader

Dr sahab, yeh day trading ka chakkar chhod do...you have a very lucrative, highly paying and highly satisfying day career.....just do that and invest wisely...you will be very rich...

I have few doctor couples both husband and wife in medicine /surgery practice in my family...they are very good earners by their medical profession but very bad investors...if you can combine good earning and excellent stock investing you will be rich beyond your dreams....so ferget day trading...

Smart_trade
I was trying to fill evening thread posts (which was silent), as I don't have much gyaan to share....
I know that ship has sailed......:DD and is not coming back.

travi

Inverse ETF doesn't exist in India yet, there are NSE instruments traded in other overseas mkts though.

This whole concept comes from the restrictions of short selling cash mkt with carry ( mis works anyway).

In USA, naked shorting was allowed, but post 2008, even they changed a lot of rules.

Recently, some more developments have occured that is SLB
https://www.nseindia.com/products/content/equities/slbs/slbs.htm

Z also has an article on it:
https://zerodha.com/z-connect/queries/stock-and-fo-queries/basics-on-slb-stock-lending-borrowing
They also very recently, this year in 2019, got into it.

From the above docs, you can see that its still quite expensive to short sell. You need to pay everyone in the chain fees.
What they're trying to do, is to pool as many ppl into it by allowing them to lend the securities in their demat.

ETFs also afaik have to replicate whatever it says by holding the same underlying. Its not OI, but actual holding.

Since cost of shorting by borrowing is still high, inverse ETFs, will be pretty expensive and therefore not being considered to launch.
If the number of perma-bears really increases, it may workout one day :DD

There is an SLB watch on NSE
https://nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_analysis/slbs_chain/chainDataBySeries.jsp

Actual costs, I didn't get the exact % or typical values. You can contact your broker.
1. Margin of borrowing is 125% with MTM like futures( margin call ) . After shorting, you'll release 100% but still need full 125% of cash upfront
2. commission paid to borrower + intermediaries
It isn't clear, maybe gst only on commission, but there is no STT, stamp duty and other overheads in borrowing/lending.
The short-seller will anyway pay STT etc when transacting with the new buyer, hence, no double taxation.

vivektrader

Dear all,

Need suggestions for choosing the term insurance among Max life, Hdfc and Icici.
Which company is good for term insurance :confused:
I took term insurance from ICICI Lombard last year, with some deliberation. It's not a payback type, although it covers till age of 65yrs, I have shortened the premium payup time to 10years, which in my case is till 50yrs of age, that way one can save significant amount in premiums (provided one survives for same number of years in both payment scedules, i.e. doesn't die before 65:DD)