Day Trading Stocks & Futures

The Central government is doing good on corruption. However at state level the majority of corruption is happening and there is a mammoth government machinery it's need to be paid without doing any productive work..
I am telling what I am seeing in the current scenario..
I think a business is first of all a service.. if you find a niche service that more people would accept, you'd make more money. Even 1 rs from one lakh people a day, make you millionaire. And govt don't have to help you there.. Regarding corruption, i think it's part of politics. Constitution is always a group of people with different personalities.. but yes, the corruption in the lower level may lead to bigger corruption in the higher level, like in Chaos theory in my view...

The traders took to social media to express their frustration and share the mark-to-market hit that had accrued on their trading positions due to the technical issue.

One of the traders shared a screenshot of his account, highlighting MTM losses of more than Rs 2,00,000. While the exact number of affected traders couldn't be ascertained, a recent report by HDFC Securities shows that Zerodha is market leader when it comes to the number of active clients. At the end of FY19, the broker had 0.9 million active clients on its platform.

The losses shared by the traders are MTM losses and the final impact could differ.

Nithin Kamath, founder and chief executive officer of Zerodha, said, "Around 10.05 am, our execution management system that connects us with exchanges went down. When something crashes, you need to reboot the servers that took us 30-35 minutes. Majority of traders were unable to place fresh orders for 35-40 minutes. For some, the time might have been slightly longer."

Between 10.05 am and 10.40 am, the market benchmark Nifty corrected 0.4 per cent. In the same time-frame, Bank Nifty was down 0.6 per cent.

"At present, we trying to get through the day. We will take a look at why the system crashed and fix it to avoid such a scenario in the future," Kamath added.

According to market sources, some of the traders were looking to wind up their positions on the expiry day, while some had placed fresh bets.

This is not the first time that users of Zerodha clients have faced technical issues. As recently as February, 2019, the platform faced a connectivity issue that led to a pile-up of orders.
My take on this is, consider this as a cost of doing business.
Compared to doing other businesses, and I am currently managing 2 of them, the hassles involved in trading are miniscule. try getting your invoices matched with dealers all over India, and you will find out how much fun is involved, and how your peace of mind goes to hell, with a one way ticket.

Have contingency plans in place to protect yourself from one off issues. Even if you enter an order, and are not able to exit, the worst case scenario should be a small loss, compared to your capital. Most trades will have to cut down on their trading volume by about 80 %, to match the above condition, or maybe increase their trading capital manifold. This just shows, how undercapitalised traders are while trading. Just the fact that we have the margins to cover a few losses and the initial margin, should not make a person eligible to trade in the markets. But sadly, it does. All you need is maybe a 50000 to enter, and them take losses far exceeding your risk profile. I know people trading 2 lots of Nifty futures via bracket orders with 50000 in their accounts. A mere brokerage and slippage accounts for 2 percent of their capital, forget the loss.

So, trade with either small quantity, or good capital to cover your current quantity.

Businessmen rarely risk their company's existence on one or 2 deals. And if they do, they are stupid.

And contrary to what people say about him, Nithin Kamath is a Gem of a person. Have had the pleasure of meeting him. A true disciplined gentleman, who had absolutely no issues about sharing with me, how he failed in some of his ventures before Zerodha happened. A person who would have been stuck up on success would have conveniently glossed over his failures in life. If a person is to be judged by character, he is impeccable. As for his prop desk, its trading in a totally unlelated way, as compared to what we traders do. All we are looking for is someone or something to shift the blame for our losses.

Just to put things in perspective, the combined volume of the many active people on traderji is sometimes trivial compared to the kind of volumes one of my friend does. And they dont care where you have your stops or entries. They have their own levels o trade on. Sometimes they ( The levels ) are soooo simple that we ignore them, saying things like, if this worked, everyone would be making money.

Thats the difference between us and him. Not whether Zerodha is front running your orders, or any such conspiracy theory

checkmate7

I think a business is first of all a service.. if you find a niche service that more people would accept, you'd make more money. Even 1 rs from one lakh people a day, make you millionaire. And govt don't have to help you there.. Regarding corruption, i think it's part of politics. Constitution is always a group of people with different personalities.. but yes, the corruption in the lower level may lead to bigger corruption in the higher level, like in Chaos theory in my view...
I will summarize it like this.. businessman is not investing in this market..
All the money is going to government employees in the name of corruption and they are investing..

Additionally the salary and perk of government employees is hiked too much and they usually don't spend the money.. this is resulting in most of the money lying in the banks accounts and not going in the market..
Only leaner government with minimum employees is answer of this problem that the country is facing now
The taxpayers money should land in the market and not in the bank accounts

checkmate7

checkmate7