Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

The really simple way to check if a file is 32-bit or 64-bit
Thanks. Checked and mine seems 32 bit as I get Win XP.
How is it tat you never get this option when you have to download the NEST Installable??
Matlab, koi bhi broker kuch bhi de deta hai usske website pe

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
The really simple way to check if a file is 32-bit or 64-bit

1. Right-click on the executable file you want to check
  2. Select “Properties”
  3. Click the tab “Compatibility”
  4. An example of the dialog box that opens is shown below
  5. In the section "Compatibility mode" put a check in the box under "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Open the drop-down menu that lists operating systems. If the list begins with Vista, as shown in the graphic, then the file is 64-bit. If the list of operating systems includes Windows XP, then the file is 32-bit.
  7. Don't forget to uncheck the box under "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
alternate option if you have Notepad++

1. Open the executable in text editor. You might have to drag-and-drop or use the editor's Open...dialog, because Windows doesn't show Open with... option in context menu for executables.
  2. Check the first printable characters after the first occurrence of PE. This part is most likely to be surrounded by at least some whitespace (could be a lot of it), so it can be easily done visually.
Here is what you're going to find:

x86:
PE L

x64:
PE d†

A word of warning: using default Notepad on big files can be very slow, so better not use it for files larger than a megabyte or few. In my case in took about 30 seconds to display a 12 MiB file. Notepad++, however, was able to display a 120 MiB executable almost instantly.

This is solution might be useful in case you need to inspect a file on a machine you can't install any additional software on.

source: https://superuser.com/questions/358434/how-to-check-if-a-binary-is-32-or-64-bit-on-windows

Thanks. Checked and mine seems 32 bit as I get Win XP.
How is it tat you never get this option when you have to download the NEST Installable??
Matlab, koi bhi broker kuch bhi de deta hai usske website pe
mine os and laptop is 64 bit..so preferred 64 bit application...broker has both..