Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

I think tomorrow would touch and retrace
Yes..abhi toh bear ka sir ghusa hai mkt mein..vicious cycle is about to start..
My view is that there is more room for downside in the market after 11350 is done. Of course, as always all of this wont happen in a single day. The markets are not linear. There will be bounces etc etc. I think we have a test of 10700-800 pending which may take a few weeks. I think it will come. Time will tell whether this assessment is correct/wrong. But, in the end we are traders and we have to take each day as it comes.

BTW, the target in my signature is also pending. 2019 mein nahi hoga. 2020 mein khelenge woh target ke liye :p

lemondew

I can put my foot down and say just because it went below yesterdays low is not a valid method.

I cannot say anything on this. Because it would be unfair to comment on your system.
personally I would never take a short trade for the reason that it came below previous day low.

Some methods like these will work in trending days and Some other methods which buy near previous low as a support will work in narrow ranging days. Right ?

My view here is just that it is not a valid method to analyze an outcome after the event happened.

lemondew

Validating what I said.
I had data from 2009 onwards to jan 2019. Checked the same for BNF shorted each time we went below. Taxes were applied to trades (as per stocks/ not futures) and each trade had value of 1 lac.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LtXWlCwYyV06GMHpJE3qWFVtelAQGiRH/view?usp=sharing

In both(NF & BNF) short trade triggered below Yesterday LOD and according to me there was no problem to enter or take that short trade. there was sufficient time to take that trade.

HEM