Day Trading Stocks & Futures

kharikumaar

are you carrying your calls for tomorrow
no, i coverred them all a few minutes back. though i feel it will go up , i am somehow not very comfortabel with the way the index is moving. even if it goes up we may lose on premium, so better safe than sorry. there's always anotherr trading day. and a greater peace of mind.:D because if that fellow trump makes up his mind to tweet some rubbish, we may end up as paupers. so...... no covered all positions.

sridhga

That article still says that gift from husband to wife is not taxed in the hands of wife.

They went on to a later implication of the wife investing that money and clubbing that income from investment into the hands of the husband. This is a very old provision and is still valid in India. This was brought in as many business men were deducting salary given to wife, daughter etc. on paper. There is a chapter on clubbing provisions in the Income Tax Act. That is mainly to stop diversion of income to lower tax slab relatives. (Not only that year's income but also subsequent income from such transferred funds)

I would like to point out an interesting aspect in USA Income Taxes.

In the USA, husband and wife file joint Income Tax returns. Though the concept of "joint/family etc." is more stronger in India, USA joint concept is limited to Income Tax. In such a scenario, you do not need clubbing provisions.

I saw a strange case of two people filing joint return in USA who just had paper marriage so that the on-paper husband qualifies for a green card.

Coming back to our topic, John's question was
1. If that money transfer from his father to mother a gift
2. Should it be shown on the tax return.

The answer is a clear "No".

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Gift between husband and wife or parents and children or between siblings is not taxable at all. You need not even show them in the return.
Even outside of tax world do you really think money transferred between husband and wife is a gift?
sir, not abt 1 k or 10k. But say if I get 5 lakhs from my wife as gift ? Tht reflects in my statement. wht should I say abt tht ...

sridhga

sir, not abt 1 k or 10k. But say if I get 5 lakhs from my wife as gift ? Tht reflects in my statement. wht should I say abt tht ...
See gifts under the current tax law are shown as under the head "Income from Other Sources". In olden days we had Gift Tax. Money transferred from wife to husband is not a gift to be shown under the head Income from Other Sources.