Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

I am highly familiar with the instruments on a swing basis. I started off with Nifty options and later went to crude oil futures.

The last 6 months or so have been spent in a lot of introspection and extensive backtesting. I had become very intimately involved with both these instruments, and that's how I have decided to focus on these two mainly. I have also been working a lot with bank nifty these days but I will start trading it only after:

1.) I have become 0 debt 0 net worth
2.) Accumulated enough capital -- maybe perhaps when the 20 lot size thing kicks in from Jan onwards also! You never know :D

The thing with NIfty and crude oil for me therefore is a confidence thing :)
Good luck to you!

I would suggest you to study the chart of nifty and bank nifty of previous years very carefully ( free data is available) like how to trade opening , divergence between nifty and bank nifty ,inside candles etc . You need to figure out these things if you wanna make good money swing trading nifty and bank nifty.
Yes I am going to do that diligently now. For now, my trading system is solely based on moving averages only. I need to become highly familiar with all the opening breakouts, nr7 and nr4 and most importantly also price action.

It is a never ending process to be honest. The moment I decide I am the master, the markets would kick me out. So I want to be humble yet confident in approaching it. I have also started doing mindfulness meditation & improving my health through diet and exercises - these are something we neglect but they can play a very important role.

It is a never ending process to be honest.
this is the long disconnect i have. making money in trading must be never ending process rather than endless knowledge of which almost all of it of no use once you mastered making money.

this is the long disconnect i have. making money in trading must be never ending process rather than endless knowledge of which almost all of it of no use once you mastered making money.
I don't think I understand you right. I will try to explain what is on my mind right now:

I have a method that will make me money for the foreseeable future- atleast that's what my backtests have told me. I want to hold unto that and use it to generate cash flows while also learning & being aware of the other methods.

vikas2131

I don't think I understand you right. I will try to explain what is on my mind right now:

I have a method that will make me money for the foreseeable future- atleast that's what my backtests have told me. I want to hold unto that and use it to generate cash flows while also learning & being aware of the other methods.
Have you tested 2011, 2012 and 2013 for nifty. How many points are you making in each year?

Have you tested 2011, 2012 and 2013 for nifty. How many points are you making in each year?
I went back only 6 months as of today. I am getting an mt4 system that will give me data for the last 2 to 3 years atleast. Idea is to backtest for 5 years.