Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Thinking of giving up day trading for good actually! I am reducing my exposure to day trading. I think I burnt enough day trading. I have henceforth decided to gradually reduce day trading to nought by the end of the calendar year. My financial compulsions ensure that I need to work with a limited quantity at the moment to tide over.

vikas2131

Thinking of giving up day trading for good actually! I am reducing my exposure to day trading. I think I burnt enough day trading. I have henceforth decided to gradually reduce day trading to nought by the end of the calendar year. My financial compulsions ensure that I need to work with a limited quantity at the moment to tide over.
Good decision. stay away from day trading. just do swing trading in nifty and bank nifty.

Good decision. stay away from day trading. just do swing trading in nifty and bank nifty.
Thanks Vikas :) I am starting with crude oil & nifty.

The emotional pressure has been too much on me. I think I was never ready for day trading in the first place. The last 2 years have been a great learning curve though. The last 3 to 5 month even more so. I would consider this as my Master's degree time period in stock/ commodity markets!!

Riskyman

The emotional pressure has been too much on me. I think I was never ready for day trading in the first place. The last 2 years have been a great learning curve though. The last 3 to 5 month even more so. I would consider this as my Master's degree time period in stock/ commodity markets!!
@afin Just out of curiosity... what makes you think crude & nifty will be any different?

@afin Just out of curiosity... what makes you think crude & nifty will be any different?
I am highly familiar with the instruments on a swing basis. I started off with Nifty options and later went to crude oil futures.

The last 6 months or so have been spent in a lot of introspection and extensive backtesting. I had become very intimately involved with both these instruments, and that's how I have decided to focus on these two mainly. I have also been working a lot with bank nifty these days but I will start trading it only after:

1.) I have become 0 debt 0 net worth
2.) Accumulated enough capital -- maybe perhaps when the 20 lot size thing kicks in from Jan onwards also! You never know :D

The thing with NIfty and crude oil for me therefore is a confidence thing :)

vikas2131

I would suggest you to study the chart of nifty and bank nifty of previous years very carefully ( free data is available) like how to trade opening , divergence between nifty and bank nifty ,inside candles etc . You need to figure out these things if you wanna make good money swing trading nifty and bank nifty.

Riskyman

I would suggest you to study the chart of nifty and bank nifty of previous years very carefully ( free data is available) like how to trade opening , divergence between nifty and bank nifty ,inside candles etc . You need to figure out these things if you wanna make good money swing trading nifty and bank nifty.
Whenever time permits, I will surely follow your suggestions.:up: