Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

India's IL&FS unable to meet interest payment obligations - From Reuters News feed.

NEW DELHI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - India's Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) ILFSL.UL was unable to service its obligations on interest payments on non-convertible debentures that were due on Friday, the company said in a statement.

The company was also unable to meet its obligations for a letter of credit payment to IDBI Bank IDBI.NS , which were due on Thursday, it said in a stock exchange filing.

In recent days, the company has also said it has been unable to service its commercial paper obligations. On Sept. 15 IL&FS told the exchanges that it had received "notices for delays and defaults" in servicing some inter-corporate deposits.

Separately on Friday, IL&FS said its managing director and chief executive had resigned.

Riskyman

Holy Molly! Brace for a sell off in most of ADAG group shares

Indian govt proposed Reliance Defence as partner in Rafale:French media quoting Hollande

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/65903420.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ETFBMain&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Wasn't that very obvious??How else could a company that has not even built a small fishing boat be made a partner to maintain fighter Jets.
Corruption comes in many ways... Financial/intellectual/moral etc etc. Some of these babus in the gormint (and the ones that control them) may not be financial corrupt but I wont say the same of their morality.

I think we can leave these talks for another thread as I do not want to corrupt this thread with politics :)

Wasn't that very obvious??How else could a company that has not even built a small fishing boat be made a partner to maintain fighter Jets.
Corruption comes in many ways... Financial/intellectual/moral etc etc. Some of these babus in the gormint (and the ones that control them) may not be financial corrupt but I wont say the same of their morality.

I think we can leave these talks for another thread as I do not want to corrupt this thread with politics :)
I posted that from the viewpoint of a huge selloff in Nifty and Sensex on Monday. This can potentially be a big thing! :D

Riskyman

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Please read the updated SEBI circular on ASM margins.. it is now going to part of Span margin (Price Scan Range) and not a flat increase of exposure margin.. hence far OTM option margins would not increase much.
I know that it is span margin but as a bank nifty weekly option trader(writer too) I see by definition ITM is 5% from last closing price, which is very big range and almost all strike under +-1300 pt ie 2600 point range(said above). I am not considering OTM.

Yes OTM margin would not increase much but it's wide range of ITM which will effect more. Many option writers mostly write most trade able Index Options which is usually under 5% of range ie ITM.
You are right about OTM also OTM ASM is only 2%. ITM ASM is 4-5%, more than double of OTM.

As a trader I usually write options with high premium for next 2-3 days move, usually weekly options, mostly all of them belongs to ITM (strikes within 5% of price range).

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Can you explain what it means for stock futures? same 5% or less ?
Have you seen my above post the doc by NSE?
It says Stock Future margin will increase in four phases, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75 and ultimately 5% by Nov 30.
So for tata steel it is probably another 5% increase of total contract value for open positions.

Probably current NRML for tata steel is 13.75% it will increase by another 5% so total margin will be 18.75%
- its 36% increase for open positions. All other intraday margin like MIS, BO , CO would be adjusted in the same ratio according to new NRML @18.75%

Last edited:

Riskyman

Have you seen my above post the doc by NSE?
It says Stock Future margin will increase in four phases, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75 and ultimately 5% by Nov 30.
So for tata steel it is probably another 5% increase of total contract value for open positions.

Probably current NRML for tata steel is 13.75% it will increase by another 5% so total margin will be 18.75%
- its 36% increase for open positions. All other intraday margin like MIS, BO , CO would be adjusted in the same ratio according to new NRML @18.75%
On a lighter note..... I see some of ur posts and end up thinking you must be the "Anna Hazare" of our financial markets. :):):)