Day Trading Stocks & Futures

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
MCX crude is trying to make fresh high.
Crude is going to shock the Indian Rupee and Stock market in near term. And the present Gormint too..
A break of USDINR above 73 will create panic and take it above 75 very quickly. :p

Nowadays trading a bear market in day time (BNF) and a completely opposite bull market (Crude) in night.
What a life for day traders! :DD
Wow what move in Crude, 30pt +
MCX FRESH HIGH. More pain left for USDINR and the Stock Market.

headstrong007

Yes.That's good. and always 200 DMA broken upside or downside will be tested. so folks you know what to prepare for.
SELL on HIGH & Fresh short below the break of the low is ideal trade unless short term indicator changes to bull. ;) Catching a falling knife is risky you know.
Shorting around 26050-150 band is ideal trade for me with a small stop if price tries to test 200 DMA. :DD I know how the bear market moves and slowly gains momentum, they need to trap the bulls first. Today bears trapped bulls in the initial hours of trade very well, they will try to do so again.

Bear market correction (very quick up move followed by a sudden bigger down move) is usually very difficult to trade using long side. Many pro traders even fail to catch the falling knife.

Last edited:

Riskyman

chart of the day DHFL 45% in a single day , entire move happened inside the market no gap down contributing
when is the last time a good stock like dhfl cracked 45% in a single day
Look at the daily chart like what :eekk::wideyed::woot:. Any swing trader positioned before today would have captured the entire move easily. why not me??:banghead::banghead::drowning:
Its Ok bhai. Just imagine you had a long position in DHFL and it tanked 45%. Then you would have been saying " why me?"
Instead of saying "why me?" its better to say "why not me?".

Today, I had a very good day as I had a lot of short positions. After market, I went to smoke a cigg and the thought occurred... I asked "what if the market had gone up 3% ?". Then, I realized some days are written for us and some are not. When they are for us, we enjoy it. If not, always have a stop in place. Im sure you will have your big profit days soon.

Last edited:

headstrong007

I tried to catch the falling knife today after I made very big profit from shorting.
I knew there was support near 200 DMA. I booked my shorts there and reversed to long with a 70 point stop and reverse. I bleed quickly for my long trade. :p But that was part of the strategy.
My stop loss hit in double quantity and I made huge profit from reverse trade.
Finally I add more short which triggered after fresh day low.

When I tried to catch the falling knife and book the profit from shorts my system was telling me that no trigger for bull just continue but my risk management was telling me all the world market is up, prev day dow made new high book profit and take risk with a small stop, lets catch the falling knife. As usual I bleed. ;) But, I was experienced enough to put the stop in double quantity. :playful:
Market can't hurt me anymore, that phase I have overcome. :singing:

bpr

Its Ok bhai. Just imagine you had a long position in DHFL and it tanked 45%. Then you would have been saying " why me?"
Instead of saying "why me?" its better to say "why not me?".

Today, I had a very good day as I had a lot of short positions. After market, I went to smoke a cigg and the thought occurred... I asked "what if the market had gone up 3% ?". Then, I realized some days are written for us and some are not. When they are for us, we enjoy it. If not, always have a stop in place.
yeah hindsight is 20/20.
but the chart did not have any gaps and smooth sailing..even if somebody is long should have booked loss and shorted before carnage is what I am saying.
But the point is very difficult to pin point stock of the day beforehand.I think that is the holy grail regardless of whatever is your system.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Sharp moves on D-Street cost investors nearly Rs 2 lakh crore.

A day which will go down in history as one of the most volatile days of 2018 saw Sensex recovering by more than 900 points, while Nifty50 managed to just about hold on to 11,000-levels.

Even though benchmark indices recovered from day's lows, but investors became poorer by nearly Rs 2 lakh crore in just one trading session, and by over Rs 5.5 lakh crore this week, BSE data showed.

“Nifty formed a strong Bearish candle on the daily scale with its biggest intraday fall in last many months. However it recovered by around 300 points from its panic lows but overall bears are keeping their tight grip on the market,”

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...actors-that-weighed-on-sentiment-2973971.html

MaxX

See the details, for OTM its only 2% and only first phase is implemented out of four.
Actual increase of 5% for stock ITM and 4% for Index ITM.
But see the definition of ITM, all strikes within 5% is ITM. So, For bank Nifty @26000, 5% means 1300 points, many strikes.

Such ASM or any kind of margin restriction can't restrict a panic fall, we already seen DHFL, YESBANK etc today. No effect of increase margin. Traders are using cheap PE options. :DD

Missed 24500 PE option today, Market was hitting 25000 but there was no more strike for Sept below 24600. :DD
Please read the updated SEBI circular on ASM margins.. it is now going to part of Span margin (Price Scan Range) and not a flat increase of exposure margin.. hence far OTM option margins would not increase much.

Riskyman

yeah hindsight is 20/20.
but the chart did not have any gaps and smooth sailing..even if somebody is long should have booked loss and shorted before carnage is what I am saying.
But the point is very difficult to pin point stock of the day beforehand.I think that is the holy grail regardless of whatever is your system.
Yes absolutely true!. Thats why I said "some days are for us".
With manual trading like ours, its difficult to tell which stock will move. I just checked my hourly charts on DHFL and my system has triggered a positional short call on 6th Sept for this stock ( I didnt even see it till now:)).) But the system triggers so many trades, which ones do we pick is a dilemma again.

bpr

Please read the updated SEBI circular on ASM margins.. it is now going to part of Span margin (Price Scan Range) and not a flat increase of exposure margin.. hence far OTM option margins would not increase much.
Can you explain what it means for stock futures? same 5% or less ?