Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Shiv12345

Shivji do you buy naked calls and puts of banknifty or are they part of muti-leg strategies like spreads, condors etc?
Ha ha ... No ... Just plain intraday trades i.e. buying options. I usually use only 10% of my capital per trade. I hardly take 2, 3 or max 5 trades per day. Target is usually 10% only. Stop Loss is 10% approx. Only when the trend is as clear as running water, I target way more than 10%. Only on few occasions, I carry forward my trades.

On some days when premium erosion is pretty evident, lets say near expiry when options are drowning irrespective of stock or index movement, then I go for Equity Cash segment Intraday (MIS) trades. They are safer than options. :)

Raj232

It is so disheartening to see that people over here only like discussion on shorting & writing off options. Isn't there any fan of buying options?
Hahaha... in market we should see both sides of the coin for better understanding...if there are certain clues, then why not :)

Thank you ... The biggest thing which I have learnt as a trader is that a true trader is the one who actually knows how to make a comeback. Just few days ago, I suffered an intraday loss of Rs. 10k (a rare event) and with that I lost earnings of that particular complete week. But I knew that this could be easily recovered. Just last week only, I made some 11k within two days (when BN surged 700 points in a single day). It's all there in my timeline (my story, my trades, screenshots, my loss, my profits, my EW analysis). :)
Whenever, I had a bad week I listened to this video a lot of times.Similar to your story Shivji. Thanks a lot of sharing your trading journey.

Shiv12345

Thank you ... The biggest thing which I have learnt as a trader is that a true trader is the one who actually knows how to make a comeback. Just few days ago, I suffered an intraday loss of Rs. 10k (a rare event) and with that I lost earnings of that particular complete week. But I knew that this could be easily recovered. Just last week only, I made some 11k within two days (when BN surged 700 points in a single day). It's all there in my timeline (my story, my trades, screenshots, my loss, my profits, my EW analysis). :)
Whenever, I had a bad week I listened to this video a lot of times.Similar to your story Shivji. Thanks a lot of sharing your trading journey.

Ha ha ... Yes, I am very much aware of this lengendary scene.

Raj232

Buddy..I know this might sound a little off here considering that most of the people are traders here but no job that pays well is ever fair..for that matter life is not fair in general. If your inclination is towards trading try getting a job that allows you to trade before trying to jump in full time. Remember ..Markets can also be irrational longer than you can stay solvent (borrowing a line from WB). Again I am not trying to pull you away from your dreams just saying...dont try to test the depth of water with both feet. Best of Luck!
I fully agree... thats whats gives the headache .. moreover the markets are moving sideways for quite a while... when it used to move straight up... it was very encouraging.. now markets are dodging investors, thats why the option selling thought keeps coming to my mind as well :)

Last edited:

Shiv12345

I am really sorry. But what exactly do we mean by 'FF'? Also, please let me know about 'Prop Firm' too? Thanks :)
i)A prop firm hire traders and give them money to trade with that money.You get a fixed salary and some incentives based on the amount of money you make.

ii)FF means FuturesFirst.
Wow ... Aisi bhi koi company hai jo traders ko paisa de ... Very interesting ... Nice ... Thnx ... :)

Raj232

i)A prop firm hire traders and give them money to trade with that money.You get a fixed salary and some incentives based on the amount of money you make.

ii)FF means FuturesFirst.
Great.. . .. few questions bro...
please let us know the approx salary range that they are willing to pay.
can we also trade on our own account while working ?
seems many are fresh graduates that they hire.. are they providing some training ?

thanks in advance..