Day Trading Stocks & Futures

can somebody tell me after how much period a stock (non future) gets free from limited 5%, 10% upper circuit? When can the stock resume higher movements than 5%,10% limits ?. I cant find rules regarding circuits anywhere for nse.

apegaonkar9

It's broken 18k level.
It's strange both FII and DII are selling in cash segment....
More pain waiting..
But I am starting adding to my existing portfolio after 200 point down from current closing of nifty.
Any one what's next support level.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
TCS has announced a dividend of Rs 75 per share and ex dividend date is Monday. At todays close TCS Jan future is trading at a premium of Rs20. My question is what will happen to the Futures price on Monday, will that also be adjusted down by 75? Hence is it prudent to close Futures long position tomorrow or it wont matter?

travi

TCS has announced a dividend of Rs 75 per share and ex dividend date is Monday. At todays close TCS Jan future is trading at a premium of Rs20. My question is what will happen to the Futures price on Monday, will that also be adjusted down by 75? Hence is it prudent to close Futures long position tomorrow or it wont matter?
Futures contracts dont react like underlying with ex and record date.
Futures (mkt participants) can discount the rate even before dividend is declared in anticipation so in this case all the discounting would've already been priced in.

''it wont matter"- if u see all forward contracts up to March, they're all at 20pt premium intervals.

surprise/unexpected dividend declaration usually jerks FUT pricing.