Day Trading Stocks & Futures

ST sir and others, is it better to go with 3 in 1 account (like hdfc securities ,kotak) than 2 in 1 account ( like zerodha). This account is only to buy during good correction which we get once or twice a year and not for frequent trading. Keeping money in savings account gives small amount of intrest also it's better than keeping it idle in a 3rd party account.

Verde

you were lucky dint take position and right I should have avoided current week and go to next week-far week.
so bad I did today, I dint even book at 3 rs loss or 6 or 7 rs loss inspite of lot of opputunity till 11 am.
all event trades are lottery trades. I stopped doing it long ago.

But no excuse for not getting out at 6 rs loss, that is criminal.
I don't know how many times my trade goes in profit, then next day retraces below my stop so I get out then it goes back in the same direction.
Rule #1, live to fight another day.

Haven't read all posts so don't have any context but just saying that its also possible to just ignore event info - i trade on all days for all scrips with 2 different systems, same as my backtests and so far have not had any issue.
Some times stop hits, sometimes you get shaken out, and sometimes you can get large moves in your favor after event. As long as edge is on some other trigger than event itself ofc. And with options, i don't know as i don't trade them and IV changes might make it more complex if you dont use spread.

travi

ST sir and others, is it better to go with 3 in 1 account (like hdfc securities ,kotak) than 2 in 1 account ( like zerodha). This account is only to buy during good correction which we get once or twice a year and not for frequent trading. Keeping money in savings account gives small amount of intrest also it's better than keeping it idle in a 3rd party account.
Nowadays money does not stay idle in in 3rd party a/c forever.
There is Quarterly settlement of non utilized cash funds and also a 30 day no activity settlement.

If you want savings rate, you can keep in liquid bees/ETFs as well. You can park in any Debt MF as well because deep correction is not a 1-2 day event. There is enough time to redeem and fund the a/c.

So choose a stable/reliable broker that you prefer. To be honest, this 3-in-1 a/c is for the over-leveraged gambler who needs funds both sides :DD
I have enough funds for emergency at arm's length and credit sources too, and the Trading capital is meant for trading and not for personal expenses. Some Brokers already have, others are focusing on instant unpledge which can potentially save a day.

mohan.sic

But no excuse for not getting out at 6 rs loss, that is criminal.
I don't know how many times my trade goes in profit, then next day retraces below my stop so I get out then it goes back in the same direction.
Rule #1, live to fight another day.
I don't know why I did not exit before 11am in spite of visible trend continuation chances and also knowing how my position will react above 1% index up move. Exited at -25 rs on each spread lot on big position size. Complete negligent trading and disrespect.

mohan.sic

3 in 1 was very helpful sometime back when funds pay-in was not so quick but now with instant pay-in updating and multiple transfer modes with most of brokers its no usp for bank brokers anymore. On payout part there is no difference when you sell demat holding as you get funds at same time with all brokers and intraday you can have small advantage I guess with brokers like icici and hdfc ( not kotak ) that is if your ac is online ( they also have offline accounts ) you can use the funds for trading during the day and have your funds in bank in evening.