Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Dr. Jan Itor bhai has answered it spot on.
Firstly, the problem is DNE( Do-not-exercise ) was removed by circular in OCT-2021 but wasn't known mainstream. Even I didnt know usually i tend to "stay updated".
They say DNE was for STT trap, since there is no STT trap, no DNE. But DNE is actually the fundamental logic of an Options Contract. Buyer is not obliged.

Secondly, taking counter set-off position is possible but as quoted in above post, the buy side is usually blocked etc. Only way is to short Futures or short some counter position.
Now shorting means huge margin requirements, especially in the range of 50% during Expiry week.
So the buyer, hence termed small retailer, bought a few "gambling" lots is in no position to bring it especially in the last hour.
The whole synchronized or orchestrated method of ("sellers" in this case) one side disappearing will have future consequences too.
If the exit is in sync, then the same group could've hoarded the underlying too bcos all these guys would go to auction in short delivery.
Superb writeup, but an over full of bouncers. Need a "for dummies" edition :)

PayTM now in 3 digits.

The whole synchronized or orchestrated method of ("sellers" in this case) one side disappearing will have future consequences too.
If the exit is in sync, then the same group could've hoarded the underlying too bcos all these guys would go to auction in short delivery.
Je baat sir... reminds me of Milo Minderbinder syndicate from Catch 22...
1. Hoard something at x.
2. Offer to buy the same at x+10 and make an obligatory contract for the same.
3. Create a scarcity.
4. Sell the same at x+50 in auction
5. Buy the from the same guys at x+10.

Short futures ,short calls and long puts are at risk...

L&T Tech,Tata Elxi can be considered in Tech.....
Kotak Bank,HDFC Life Insurance,ICICI Lombard in Financials..
Asian Paints,Pidilite,Nestle,Titan,Astral Poly,Kajaria Ceramics, Relaxo footware in consumption .........these can be considered....
@Smart_trade Sir,
I have few queries (purely from learning perspective). Please answer them when you get some time.

1. Inconsistent Profit - One of the many things that we learnt from you is, always invest in a company which is showing consistent growth in profit. And since Price is a slave of profits, our investments are bound to grow.

My portfolio (which i shared here few days back) consists of mostly all the stocks above, except Kajaria Ceramics & ICICI Lombard. And the reason was Kajaria have shown stagnant profit over past few years. My doubt is, even if profits are stagnant, why is it in your list. Is it purely because of future growth potentials that you are expecting.

Similarly ICICI has been in loss for quite sometime, it has started showing good profits only in past 3 years. Does not that disqualifies from our portfolio on inconsistency ground. Or we are expecting a huge upside run from here and hence we are making an exception.
1642675367213.png

1642675943828.png

2. HDFC Life vs SBI Life - If we compare HDFC Life with SBI Life, we clearly see SBI Life outperforming HDFC pricewise. Also SBILife's yearly profit is much more Consistent compared to HDFC. Still we see HDFC Life in your list and not SBI Life what is the reason behind that.
1642675635843.png

3. EV Theme - While everyone is talking about EV and its potentials in immediate future, we dont see any such companies in your list (Tata Motors, M&M, 2 Hero, TVS, etc). Are you not as bullish on this sector as media is ?

Last edited: