Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Smart_trade Sir,
I have few queries (purely from learning perspective). Please answer them when you get some time.

1. Inconsistent Profit - One of the many things that we learnt from you is, always invest in a company which is showing consistent growth in profit. And since Price is a slave of profits, our investments are bound to grow.

My portfolio (which i shared here few days back) consists of mostly all the stocks above, except Kajaria Ceramics & ICICI Lombard. And the reason was Kajaria have shown stagnant profit over past few years. My doubt is, even if profits are stagnant, why is it in your list. Is it purely because of future growth potentials that you are expecting.

Similarly ICICI has been in loss for quite sometime, it has started showing good profits only in past 3 years. Does not that disqualifies from our portfolio on inconsistency ground. Or we are expecting a huge upside run from here and hence we are making an exception.
View attachment 47363
View attachment 47365

2. HDFC Life vs SBI Life - If we compare HDFC Life with SBI Life, we clearly see SBI Life outperforming HDFC pricewise. Also SBILife's yearly profit is much more Consistent compared to HDFC. Still we see HDFC Life in your list and not SBI Life what is the reason behind that.
View attachment 47364

3. EV Theme - While everyone is talking about EV and its potentials in immediate future, we dont see any such companies in your list (Tata Motors, M&M, 2 Hero, TVS, etc). Are you not as bullish on this sector as media is ?
As I said the list is not a recommendation.One can do his own study and add/delete few scrips from the list.
Some companies find place in my list due to their improved outlook (such as Kajaria due to improved housing activity,ICICI Lombard due to their grabbing market share from Govt owned insurance companies ).SBI life also is a good company one may consider for investments .HDFC Life is my personal preference due to its management and product mix .

EVs I am still not very clear as to which companies will emerge as clear winners in this space though I am monitoring a few companies in this space.

Financials are underperforming but in my view they will soon catch up and start performing....

Last edited:
Asian Paints raw materials are derivatives of crude and hence the costs are on rise. They have effected large price hike of their products recently but the current quarter was with old low prices. The price hike will reflect in next quarter. It will be interesting to see how Asian Paints manages to keep its profitability high in future.They seem to have grabbed market share in the current quarter by deferring the price hike and suffocating the competitors.....

Last edited:
If a new investor (not yet having demat/trading account) wants to invest in NiftyBees/BankBees,
then, which route of investment is a better option

- opening a demat account and paying brokerage (if any) and demat AMC and other expanses related to purchase/sale
or
- through ETF fund house (Nippon India, in this case)

Thanks

travi

If a new investor (not yet having demat/trading account) wants to invest in NiftyBees/BankBees,
then, which route of investment is a better option

- opening a demat account and paying brokerage (if any) and demat AMC and other expanses related to purchase/sale
or
- through ETF fund house (Nippon India, in this case)

Thanks
Fund house is better. Plus they have option of entering all types of asset class like Debt, gold and even Thematic ( Sectoral ) MF.
Also, they can target Large Cap, MC, SC etc. Even international funds are now available.
Specific ETFs may not be available and one can check but same or similar MF instrument is definitely there.

By MF route you can achieve everything, its only that you don't have finer control. Pay a small fee called "expense ratio" and leave the management to fund house.

Last edited: