Day Trading Stocks & Futures

mohan.sic

margin pe interest nahi charge karte... they are not supposed to, at least... margin is provided by exchange, not the broker... he can only charge you for pledging and repledging revoking the pledge...
kuch instruments pe cash margin bhi milta hai btw...
Hey i am just asking what is rate of interest they are charging on the loan against pledged portfolio..
I pay 15% in kotak ....

mohan.sic

Thats what we're saying... 0% in zerodha (if they've changed something in the last month, toh nahi pata)...
Am not clear how broker can fund the ac free of cost.

1. Suppose I have 20 lak stock at 10% haircut with zerodha, then I pledge them and get 18 lakhs. Then use this 18 lakhs as collateral margin for option writing ?

No interest on the 18 lakhs margin used ?

For any position you need to bring in 50% cash. If for instance you have 1 NF lot, you only need 80k in cash. The other 80k can be collateral.
No interest on 80k.
If cash margin falls below 50%, only then will interest bw charged at 0.05% a day (on the debit balance only)

mohan.sic

For any position you need to bring in 50% cash. If for instance you have 1 NF lot, you only need 80k in cash. The other 80k can be collateral.
No interest on 80k.
If cash margin falls below 50%, only then will interest bw charged at 0.05% a day (on the debit balance only)
yes read that now in zerodha site, but even then its a great deal.. If I bring equal amount of cash or equivalent like liq bees, we get the other 50% at no cost..right ?

So if I borrow a loan of 18 laks at 15% from outside and bring cash to zerodha and the other 18 lakhs coll margin available in zerodha against pledge without interest.. I can trade with 36 lak capital at cost of cap 7.5% ..is this correct ?