Day Trading Stocks & Futures

lemondew

One of the important things i realize for intraday traders and it can affect even a person who is profitable is to ensure that the correct process is followed. At eod one must take some time to ensure all orders put are as per rules and one must try to tally the live trades with backtest. It will improve both the backtest and refine mistakes in live trading. Trading is a probable event it isnt a certain event. A bad day could be because the market isn't conducive to our trading. Prolonged bad days could either be because
1. market isn't conducive or
2. There is something which you are doing which isnt the way the backtest is carried out. Or something which you have accidentaly omitted in live trading which isn't realised.

Mind you backtest isnt live trading. 5 years back things were different and 5 years forward things would be different. So a kind of effort is to be put to map towards ideal trading. Also multiple systems means effort for each system. Such a process would put a trader in the right direction towards being profitable.

lemondew

My friend who is a consistently profitable trader puts in nice words like how a marwari shopkeeper daily at the end of day checks his inventory to have a record of the items available. Items that are sold and need to be restocked and the money made for the day, a trader has to see how much he should have made as per his system and how much he actually made.

mohan.sic

My friend who is a consistently profitable trader puts in nice words like how a marwari shopkeeper daily at the end of day checks his inventory to have a record of the items available. Items that are sold and need to be restocked and the money made for the day, a trader has to see how much he should have made as per his system and how much he actually made.

Nice posts lemondew bhai...

Please give any tips for paper traders also to understand real world...

mohan.sic

looks very useful.. thanks. I dont trade options yet.worth looking in to.
View attachment 45861
View attachment 45863

It is good to learn options and start small trades ( if you are not into it till now ). I believe we are going to see surge in trading automation and new trading applications will provide scope for auto trading low risk arbitrage/hedged positions in options market which we cannot execute through manual orders.

lemondew

There are many trainers. They have a role as well. Our job is to understand one of the system well . Over years we will understand better. We have to look into our work leave others everyone will find his own way.

Yogesh Nanda is good guy for options if you are interested.

It is good to learn options and start small trades ( if you are not into it till now ). I believe we are going to see surge in trading automation and new trading applications will provide scope for auto trading low risk arbitrage/hedged positions in options market which we cannot execute through manual orders.

Last edited: