Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Dear fellow traders,
@Smart_trade @timepass @travi @cinderblock
I need your help and guidance on dividend related issue
I held shares of Subex till 11 feb 2021. it issued dividend and it had ex div date as 10 th feb and record date as 11 feb. I sold my shares on 11th feb

I learnt from the below article from zerodha that if we sell it even on ex divdend date we are still eligible for dividend. I sold it on 11 feb (ex div date was 10 th feb and record date was 11 feb).

I am supposed to receive the dividend payment end of feb. But i didnt receive it . I contacted the investor relations department. They are saying that my name is not appearing in Benpos on 11feb. so I didnt receive the dividend.

Please guide me what I should do and who I should contact to get my dividend and also please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of selling shares based on below article.

https://support.zerodha.com/categor...vidends-how-and-when-will-i-get-the-dividends

1614775528009.png

Dear fellow traders,
@Smart_trade @timepass @travi @cinderblock
I need your help and guidance on dividend related issue
I held shares of Subex till 11 feb 2021. it issued dividend and it had ex div date as 10 th feb and record date as 11 feb. I sold my shares on 11th feb

I learnt from the below article from zerodha that if we sell it even on ex divdend date we are still eligible for dividend. I sold it on 11 feb (ex div date was 10 th feb and record date was 11 feb).

I am supposed to receive the dividend payment end of feb. But i didnt receive it . I contacted the investor relations department. They are saying that my name is not appearing in Benpos on 11feb. so I didnt receive the dividend.

Please guide me what I should do and who I should contact to get my dividend and also please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of selling shares based on below article.

https://support.zerodha.com/categor...vidends-how-and-when-will-i-get-the-dividends

View attachment 45607
While replying I am assuming that the ex dividend date and record date you mentioned are correct.I have not checked these dates.

In this case you are entitled to get the dividend. What is happening is you sold the shares on 11th Feb and though the pay-in is on 15 th Feb Zerodha removed the shares from your demat account ( for early pay-in possibly) and you did not have the shares in your demat account EOD 11th Feb,hence you did not receive the dividend but Zerodha will receive the dividend and they are bound to pass on this dividend to you by a credit of the dividend amount in your ledger. Most brokers do it without asking and as a routine and I am sure Zerodha will do it too if not you need to follow up with them and get it from them.

Last edited:
While replying I am assuming that the ex dividend date and record date you mentioned are correct.I have not checked these dates.

In this case you are entitled to get the dividend. What is happening is you sold the shares on 11th Feb and though the payin is on 15 th Feb Zerodha removed the shares from your demat account ( for early pay-in possibly) and you did not have the shares in your demat avvount EOD 11th Feb,hence you did not receive the dividend but Zerodha will receive the dividend and they are bound to pass on this dividend to you by a credit of the dividend amount in your ledger. Most brokers do it without asking and I am sure Zerodha will do it too if not you need to follow up with them and get it from them.
Thank you @Smart_trade . I will check with them.
yeah record date and ex div date are correct. you may see them below.

1614783344510.png

You are 100 % entiled to get the dividend.....enjoy the money....
Who is actually responsible and credit the dividend in my account? Broker or registrar of the company in my case?

travi