Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Smart_trade Sir, I had some Long MIS position in NSE > Zerodha auto squared it off as NRML in BSE. Is there anything to be done from my side ? as 1 is MIS and another is NRML.
I am not sure if position on NSE is allowed to be squared off on BSE as a special case for today but there will be delivery shortages and payment mismatch if done on any other day.....Govt should permit both exchanges to combine and treat it as a net position as zero.....hope that it is done.But there will be many issues to handle in doing this.

I am not sure if position on NSE is allowed to be squared off on BSE as a special case for today but there will be delivery shortages and payment mismatch if done on any other day.....Govt should permit both exchanges to combine and treat it as a net position as zero.....hope that it is done.But there will be many issues to handle in doing this.
@Smart_trade Sir, This is what Zerodha kite shows. Hopefuly there is nothing to be done from my end in this case.
(Note the price at which it got auto squaredoff, i just got super lucky today).
1614165003334.png

Good...they must have got some indication from Exchanges that netting will be done.......best wishes for smooth settlement.....Trader losing money without his fault is bad......but you seem to be safe.

@Smart_trade Sir.
Just 1 case study: I had purchased MIS Niftybees at 158.18 with 1.5% risk on my capital and made 40% on capital becasue of this glitch. But if my trade would have been on short side(with same risk 1.5%), i would have incurred loss of 40% on capital becuase of this glitch. I am sure there would be some traders in that sad situation. Is there any provision from SEBI, NSE to compensate on this (as the trader's capital would be reduced to half, that too without his mistake/consent to buy/sell) ?

@nadiyakinare sirji

My equity short made a profit at 5pm.
Zerodha also bought as ADMIN in NRML , but lower.
price closed below my short and above zerodha's buy order.
Hence Both positions showing profit.

But my margin is still blocked which was used "originally" in Short trade (cover order)

1. So margin blocked gets settled next day ?
2. who owns hedged positions profit , zerodha in this case?

broker does not pick up phone and doestnt answers to raised ticket in support.

@nadiyakinare sirji

My equity short made a profit at 5pm.
Zerodha also bought as ADMIN in NRML , but lower.
price closed below my short and above zerodha's buy order.
Hence Both positions showing profit.

But my margin is still blocked which was used "originally" in Short trade (cover order)

1. So margin blocked gets settled next day ?
2. who owns hedged positions profit , zerodha in this case?

broker does not pick up phone and doestnt answers to raised ticket in support.
As i am not seeing your positions so as on settlement part i think zerodha auto squared off your position on BSE.
yes blocked margin should get free tomorrow, you positions did not got hedge it got squared off... so no matter what owner of account should get profit

@Smart_trade Sir.
Just 1 case study: I had purchased MIS Niftybees at 158.18 with 1.5% risk on my capital and made 40% on capital becasue of this glitch. But if my trade would have been on short side(with same risk 1.5%), i would have incurred loss of 40% on capital becuase of this glitch. I am sure there would be some traders in that sad situation. Is there any provision from SEBI, NSE to compensate on this (as the trader's capital would be reduced to half, that too without his mistake/consent to buy/sell) ?
Loss is NEVER compensated by NSE/SEBI/ brokers as while signing the account opening agreement you have signed that online trading has risk of terminal hanging, connectivity failure etc and we have fully understood and accept such risk as part of doing online trading......

Last edited: