Day Trading Stocks & Futures

ncube

People are shifting their investments from physical assets such as real estate and Gold to financial assets. With current rate of inflation at 8-9 % , bank FD and debt mutual funds giving 6% p.a. is sure way of depleting our wealth.We have to invest in instruments that give us more than 8 % return per annum and hence investing in direct equity or well managed equity or balanced mutual funds is necessary. For total newcomers to the investing, Index fund is a good option to beat inflation by earning 10-12 % CAGR.

In past bank FDs were giving over 9-10 % p.a.( in some years even 13-15 % p.a.) and that used to take care of 8-10 % inflation but now it no longer gives that high returns.
@Smart_trade Sir, the mindset of most people still is to look at equity markets as an alternative to gambling and try to get rich quick and not interested to explore safer means to generate returns which can beat the inflation. Its a fact that we are moving into a phase where equity based returns will be the only legal option left to generate returns to beat inflation and If one in not ready to bet on India's growth potential then I dont know were else can that growth come from.

Though the way I put it, it may sound arrogant and people can consider me rude, but I don't hesitate to speak my mind..as I know someone or other will get it over time....but its real that people do not appreciate free advice, most believe that its easy to speak when one have big capital to make investments....but most do not realize that big capital grows from a smaller capital and it needs years of compounding at just an inflation beating returns and does not need risky high returns.

I had shared an simple income generation strategy using niftybees and goldbees in another thread and I am sure very few would actually test it out and explore ways to apply it.

There are many simpler ways to generate steady low risk returns from equity..one just need to explore and try to focus on proper asset allocation, these days even RBI is planning to open up gsec to retail public...people should make use of it.

If one come out of the get rich quick mindset its not difficult to beat FD returns/inflation...even if one just allocates 70% gsec (6.5% returns) and 30% equity (20%) net return will be more than 10%. Also the niftybees and goldbees strategy I shared, even if one do not want to sell covered calls, it will still beat the inflation handsomely over time...just to quote RJ in a recent interview "Samajnewale Samajenge, na samaje who anadi...:) thats the kind of attitude and confidence one should develop to be successful in any field especially in equities market...and I can bet it also comes with years of compounded experience...:) All the best...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

vikas2131

Great that everyone is making money . BTFD is alive and working well for almost a year now. I feel at some point in this year , bull would be taken for serious ride just like bear has been for a year now so be careful and dn't over levrage.

iwillwin

Great that everyone is making money . BTFD is alive and working well for almost a year now. I feel at some point in this year , bull would be taken for serious ride just like bear has been for a year now so be careful and dn't over levrage.
believe me there are lot of PPL who are sitting on sideline for 12500...10000 to come back ...they will participate in next bull market probably