Day Trading Stocks & Futures

ncube

Since 2000, half of all Fortune 500 companies have either gone bankrupt or been acquired. They ceased to exist in less than two decades. This is the speed with which companies are getting disrupted by new technology, new ways of doing things ,new products and services which disrupt the old ones. It is very important that we stay alert for disruption happening in companies and markets we have invested.

Source :https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephe...explain-disruption-investing/?sh=7aa57fbefb92
@Smart_trade sir, I read the article, but found that it's from the perspective of US/developed market and not of much value to us from India perspective, is there any specific industry from India perspective you are seeing would cause real disruptions in near future or was it just for general information ? As part of my job I have been trying to study the trend and in the last 20 yrs there have been less than 15 unicorns coming from India but almost all are just replication of success models from developed countries and no real innovation and most are supported by VC valuation and no real challenge to the established players. I think we are more than 5-10yrs behind for anything really disruptive to happen. I tried but could not find a single research based innovative product startup with potential.

Last edited:

sridhga

Since 2000, half of all Fortune 500 companies have either gone bankrupt or been acquired. They ceased to exist in less than two decades. This is the speed with which companies are getting disrupted by new technology, new ways of doing things ,new products and services which disrupt the old ones. It is very important that we stay alert for disruption happening in companies and markets we have invested.

Source :https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephe...explain-disruption-investing/?sh=7aa57fbefb92

There are companies that get impacted by innovation. There are as well businesses that hardly get impacted. Just need to identify them. These companies also learnt to adapt well with innovations in their fields.

@Smart_trade sir, I read the article, but found that it's from the perspective of US/developed market and not of much value to us from India perspective, is there any specific industry from India perspective you are seeing would cause real disruptions in near future or was it just for general information ? As part of my job I have been trying to study the trend and in the last 20 yrs there have been less than 15 unicorns coming from India but almost all are just replication of success models from developed countries and no real innovation and most are supported by VC valuation and no real challenge to the established players. I think we are more than 5-10yrs behind for anything really disruptive to happen. I tried but could not find a single research based innovative product startup with potential.
Disruption happens everywhere....it is not limited to US/developed markets. It is equally relevent to our markets too and it is very much a real threat to Indian companies too. Just 25 years ago the market leaders were Centuru,Century Enka,Baroda Rayon...now today we dont even know if these companies still exist.

Some of the recent examples of distuption in Indian markets as under :

1) BSNL Land line telephony disrupted by mobile telephones. Now we see that many households are not having any landline connection.....there are many reasons for the condition BSNL or MTNL is but disruption is the main reason and they could not adjust themselves to the disruptive threat.

2) Recent disruption of Jio to Airtel and Vodaphone.This is yet to be seen if the disrupter makes enough free cash flow to strengthen its dominant position and how the Airtel reacts to it.

3) Disruption of large office space complexes due to work from home and remote working. Many large office space complexes are finding themselves in a spot because their tenant corporates ( big multinationals ) are downsizing on space and returning the office space and saving rent in crores of rupees......I am in touch with some of the tenant companies who are returning their office space to the large technology parks.This trend is very clearly manifesting in the city where I live.

4) Electric vehicles ,driverless vehicles and hired vehicles ( OLA,UBER) disrupting automobile industry.

5) Newspaper industry is disrupted and now people prefer to read newspaper on internet to avoid any corona issues associated with getting the newspaper at home.

6) Cinema halls and multiplexes are disrupted by Netflix ,hotels and restraurents are disrupted by ready to eat packaged food and instant food.

7) Recent announcement that Grasim Ind. is getting into paint manufacturing.....here we have to keep close watch if the moat of Asian Paints is strong enough to keep competition away even from players like Grasim, if the overall market expands with entry of new strong player,if the dominant player like Asian Paints disrupts others in the market and gains market share ( which is happening currently if you see the 3rd quarter results of Asian Paints)

So all disruptions we need not fear but it requires close watch on how the competition and disruption in the market plays out and if our companies in which we have invested are with strong moat to withstand the disruption and even gain from it.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

ncube

Disruption happens everywhere....it is not limited to US/developed markets. It is equally relevent to our markets too and it is very much a real threat to Indian companies too. Just 25 years ago the market leaders were Centuru,Century Enka,Baroda Rayon...now today we dont even know if these companies still exist.

Some of the recent examples of distuption in Indian markets as under :

1) BSNL Land line telephony disrupted by mobile telephones. Now we see that many households are not having any landline connection.....there are many reasons for the condition BSNL or MTNL is but disruption is the main reason and they could not adjust themselves to the disruptive threat.

2) Recent disruption of Jio to Airtel and Vodaphone.This is yet to be seen if the disrupter makes enough free cash flow to strengthen its dominant position and how the Airtel reacts to it.

3) Disruption of large office space complexes due to work from home and remote working. Many large office space complexes are finding themselves in a spot because their tenant corporates ( big multinationals ) are downsizing on space and returning the office space and saving rent in crores of rupees......I am in touch with some of the tenant companies who are returning their office space to the large technology parks.This trend is very clearly manifesting in the city where I live.

4) Electric vehicles ,driverless vehicles and hired vehicles ( OLA,UBER) disrupting automobile industry.

5) Newspaper industry is disrupted and now people prefer to read newspaper on internet to avoid any corona issues associated with getting the newspaper at home.

6) Cinema halls and multiplexes are disrupted by Netflix ,hotels and restraurents are disrupted by ready to eat packaged food and instant food.

7) Recent announcement that Grasim Ind. is getting into paint manufacturing.....here we have to keep close watch if the moat of Asian Paints is strong enough to keep competition away even from players like Grasim, if the overall market expands with entry of new strong player,if the dominant player like Asian Paints disrupts others in the market and gains market share ( which is happening currently if you see the 3rd quarter results of Asian Paints)

So all disruptions we need not fear but it requires close watch on how the competition and disruption in the market plays out and if our companies in which we have invested are with strong moat to withstand the disruption and even gain from it.

Smart_trade
@Smart_trade sir, thanks for the detailed explanation, yes I see you meant in general we should be looking for innovation/disruptions around us. The trend in India unlike in developed markets (Netflix, WhatsApp, Tesla, Facebook etc) its more of established players consolidating their position or trying to enter other new domains, but real disruptions are slower and would take another 5-10yrs. Few unicorns so far which has potential are PayTM, OYO Rooms, BYJU's, Ola Cabs, Swiggy etc but these are replication of success models from developed countries and are under VC support. For real disruptions to happen in India, new innovative startups ecosystem should be allowed to grow that can challenge established players.

Last edited:

sridhga

Silver is the next target after Gamestop by the Redditors ... upmove likely to continue..

Silver is zooming up intraday ..
Wallstreetbets guys are telling silver squeeze is fake. It is being led by the hedge funds. They are asking their members to not get into it.

Sent from my M2006C3MII using Tapatalk