Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Don't know about Mumbai. Only hospitals have generators in NYC.
When there was a power blackout in 2003, Metro trains got stuck in dark tunnels without lights and mobile phones did not work because the mobile signal towers were not powered.
Hahahaha....... That's funny. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help myself. So big city, with access to such advance technologies, and they don't plan for contingency!

Over-reliance on technology without backup planning has its peril.

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Hahahaha....... That's funny. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help myself. So big city, with access to such advance technologies, and they don't plan for contingency!

bcos western world consider electricity as 'must' or 'basic rights' this is why even with no payment for dues, companies cannot cut electricity and water supply.

In NCR, people proudly flaunt new generators bought to neighbors as if its good thing. The amount of diesel burnt by all generators could actually supply whole NCR could provide uninterrupted power supply if govt/private firm manage resource properly.

sridhga

Hahahaha....... That's funny. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help myself. So big city, with access to such advance technologies, and they don't plan for redundancy!

Then this could sound more like how far things can get:

Once the payroll tax authorities came in to verify our accounts. I offered him a seat and I could not reach my boss who is normally always on time. Then some one in office told me that a plane crashed into the twin towers. I checked the internet. I told the officer that I do not have access to the complete accounts and my boss is stuck because of traffic problems as they stopped traffic across the city. I told him that a plane crashed in WTC. He did not believe in what I was telling. Since most colleagues did not turn up, I told him, "Look, my apartment is just around the corner. I am going there to watch TV. If you do not believe in me, you can come along to watch it on TV." Reluctantly, he came along. When we switched on the TV, within minutes another plane crashed into the second tower. This officer panicked and then told me that his wife is working in one of those towers. He tried calling his wife desperately on his mobile. ... And she did not answer the phone. He was desolate. I was like " It is going to be alright. Do you want some water, coffee etc"

Last edited:

The last time such an event happened.... I can't remember. Maybe 20 odd years ago? Maybe not even then. Local outages may have happened, maybe every 2 to 5 years, but full Mumbai down? I can't recall.
How do you plan for a contingency that has not happened for decades?
I seriously doubt that generators in hospitals would have worked, even though they are present in hospitals, it's SOP. But, we're they maintained?
A Chemical leak can also happen, though never happened, in Mumbai on a large scale so, do we all go and buy Hazmat Suits? Contingency planning?

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Then this could sound more like how far things can get:

Once the payroll tax authorities came in to verify our accounts. I offered him a seat and I could not reach my boss who is normally always on time. Then some one in office told me that a plane crashed into the twin towers. I checked the internet. I told the officer that I do not have access to the complete accounts and my boss is stuck because of traffic problems as they stopped traffic across city. I told him that a plane crashed in WTC. He did not believe in what I was telling. Since most colleagues did not turn up, I told him, "Look, my apartment is just around the corner. I am going there to watch TV. If you do not believe in me, you can come along to watch it on TV." Reluctantly, he came along. When we switched on the TV, within minutes another plane crashed into the second tower. This officer panicked and then told me that his wife is working in one of those towers. He tried calling his wife desperately on his mobile. ... And she did not answer the phone. He was desolate. I was like " It is going to be alright. Do you want some water, coffee etc"
Around the same time in the night here in India Southern Grid went down. Most parts of of south India did not have power. I came to know the news only around 10 PM in the night when I went home from hospital and power came back. My elder daughter was born the day before.

travi

The last time such an event happened.... I can't remember. Maybe 20 odd years ago? Maybe not even then. Local outages may have happened, maybe every 2 to 5 years, but full Mumbai down? I can't recall.
I seriously doubt that generators in hospitals would have worked, even though they are present in hospitals, it's SOP. But, we're they maintained?
A Chemical leak can also happen, though never happened, in Mumbai on a large scale so, do we all go and buy Hazmat Suits? Contingency planning?
If the discussion continues,
we will definitely reach the requirements to build bunkers :DD

Good points.

I think that the last time the entire North Grid went down was in 2008