Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Very overheated market . Some correction would be good . thoda neeche maal leena ka muka milega ( Stock wala maal not dusre wala maal :D:p
Large correction comes when cats and dogs of the market start going up very fast. We are not in that stage yet so some more upmove possible .Midcap and small cap stocks are still down very much so they need to fly for any significant correction.

Similarly the market bottoms when investors dump their stocks out of fear ...without any consideration of the fundamental strength of these stocks......

The above cycle continues.......

ST

vikas2131

Large correction comes when cats and dogs of the market start going up very fast. We are not in that stage yet so some more upmove possible .Midcap and small cap stocks are still down very much so they need to fly for any significant correction.

Similarly the market bottoms when investors dump their stocks out of fear ...without any consideration of the fundamental strength of these stocks......

The above cycle continues.......

ST
Not expecting any large correction this year as i already mentioned but 200-300 points wale to hote hi hai.

sridhga

Very overheated market . Some correction would be good . thoda neeche maal leena ka muka milega ( Stock wala maal not dusre wala maal :D:p

Don't look at the market with the last 1 quarter in isolation. The market has fallen steeply in March. It has now just about recovered. Why should it fall just because it managed to recover. The very fact that it has recovered means that it has strength going for it. The country just opened up. Most negative news got factored in. Just my view.

Markets climbing up slowly is their natural state. Not an aberration. Sudden spikes may cause corrections.

abhi.

Don't look at the market with the last 1 quarter in isolation. The market has fallen steeply in March. It has now just about recovered. Why should it fall just because it managed to recover. The very fact that it has recovered means that it has strength going for it. The country just opened up. Most negative news got factored in. Just my view.

Markets climbing up slowly is their natural state. Not an aberration. Sudden spikes may cause corrections.
This is excellent thing you just said that "recovery means that it has strength".. This is the very reason of market recovery

travi

True.
Even if Trump goes, he is gone forever, ( 2 terms max and unlikely he comes back after 4yrs ) so mkt doesn't care and they will not mourn for his departure. US mkts are used to the Bipartisanship ping-pong.

vikas2131

bhaisaab ho sakta hai aap sahi ho ya phir ma bhi. Better to keep my eyes all possibilities. I cannot just bind myself to one view whether it is bullish or bearish.

vikas2131

True.
Even if Trump goes, he is gone forever, ( 2 terms max and unlikely he comes back after 4yrs ) so mkt doesn't care and they will not mourn for his departure. US mkts are used to the Bipartisanship ping-pong.
US market runs on support provided by fed but there is sweep of democratic party , market is going to take some hit bec tax is going to increase for certain.

Btw if biden becomes president , there would be lots of pressure on our govt to stop building coal power plants and stop the ones we are running right now and buy technologies from usa for cleaner energy which we could not really afford right now.

sridhga

US market runs on support provided by fed but there is sweep of democratic party , market is going to take some hit bec tax is going to increase for certain.

I will go slow on the '"sweep of the democratic party" thing.
In 2004, I had seen every presidential debate. I lived in NYC and that is a heavy Democratic leaning city. Everybody thought John Kerry would win. Many news channels showed how stupid the sitting president George Bush was. Somehow we all believed that Bush would lose. But we learnt that it is not easy to defeat a sitting president. The last time an incumbent lost the election was G H. W. Bush in 1992. Prior to that it was Jimmy Carter in 1980. Those were just 2 in the 12 elections in the last 50 years. Okay let us remove those years where the sitting president completed two terms and hence did not contest again. So loss of an incumbent is still 2 out of 7 elections that incumbents contested in the last 50 years.

Trump has his Evangelicals strongly behind him. That is 25% of registered voters.

Just sharing probabilities. I don't wish to get into an argument which may not really matter to us at all.

vikas2131

I will go slow on the '"sweep of the democratic party" thing.
In 2004, I had seen every presidential debate. I lived in NYC and that is a heavy Democratic leaning city. Everybody thought John Kerry would win. Many news channels showed how stupid the sitting president George Bush was. Somehow we all believed that Bush would lose. But we learnt that it is not easy to defeat a sitting president. The last time an incumbent lost the election was G H. W. Bush in 1992. Prior to that it was Jimmy Carter in 1980. Those were just 2 in the 12 elections in the last 50 years. Okay let us remove thos years where the sitting president completed two terms and will not contest again. So loss of an incumbent is still 2 out of 7 elections that incumbents contested in the last 50 years.

Trump has his Evangelicals strongly behind him. That is 25% of registered voters.

Just sharing probabilities. I don't wish to get into an argument which may not really matter to us at all.
already said if it happens .