Datafeed Vendor Comparison

Dear bpr, I have pointed on that thread as I cannot promote a website here as far as I know.. I think there is prohibition of sharing emails and mobile... Don't know if it applicable on website also.. If u go to that thread, there is a link at the bottom of the first post which will lead u to the micro site for the product.

bpr

ok I faced this missing tick issue again yesterday
Nifty Futures current month
5 min TF candel 10:50 to 10:55
Date Jun 30 2015

Actually in real time the high of the candel shown was 8348.something if I remember correctly.

Now after reloading the charts it shows 8349.
And I had a SL at 8350 which was triggered and executed at price 8350
I am using neotrades data feed.

as per my My contract note the execution happened at 10:52:51.
So it is not during the start or end of the candle yet it managed to miss the high.

This is serious issue as it is not missing a single tick here and there but whole 20 ticks.

The worst part is As I was watching the chart I thought my SL survived and was completely unaware that my SL was hit, not until I checked NEST 15 -20 mins later.

Please be aware of this issue.
Last time we investigated this issue faced by another traderji user and found no datafeed is accurate.

Also if you are using something else let me know if it captured the high.

Last edited:
Hi bpr... Just check once whether ur data feed vendor is approved by NSE or not. Just for discussion.. A lot of data vendors take data from trading terminals like odin etc. and then relay it as data feed. This is not legitimate data and in such cases I have seen lot of such tick missing and then re appearing. Check once about its empanelment as fast feed vendor. If empaneled then there could be other things to look into

bpr

Hi bpr... Just check once whether ur data feed vendor is approved by NSE or not. Just for discussion.. A lot of data vendors take data from trading terminals like odin etc. and then relay it as data feed. This is not legitimate data and in such cases I have seen lot of such tick missing and then re appearing. Check once about its empanelment as fast feed vendor. If empaneled then there could be other things to look into
neotrades approved data vendor.

What abt ur tick by tick datafeed service. does it capture this high ?

rkkarnani

neotrades approved data vendor.

What abt ur tick by tick datafeed service. does it capture this high ?
I can say this by my experience that this happens with (almost) all data vendors. Whenever market makes a sudden move up or down , ticks are missed. I found this with Global Data feed also. The missing ticks normally shows up after some time in RT and in any case when you log in the next day the missing data ticks are there.
Most vendors who are not authorised by NSE use Member terminals to 'mine' data , process it and transmit to their subscribers. They are more prone to such misses.
The only difference I found was that a good vendor 'misses' on much lesser occassions than others. But they both 'miss' ticks. One has to accept it as the data vending scenario stands today !

TradeOptions

I can say this by my experience that this happens with (almost) all data vendors. Whenever market makes a sudden move up or down , ticks are missed. I found this with Global Data feed also. The missing ticks normally shows up after some time in RT and in any case when you log in the next day the missing data ticks are there.
Most vendors who are not authorised by NSE use Member terminals to 'mine' data , process it and transmit to their subscribers. They are more prone to such misses.
The only difference I found was that a good vendor 'misses' on much lesser occassions than others. But they both 'miss' ticks. One has to accept it as the data vending scenario stands today !
rkkarnani bro, my experience is ditto same.

It could be very frustrating for someone whose stop loss get triggered, but the chart does not show that price level being touched in real time. But that is how the things are currently and nothing much could be done about it.

@bpr bro, it is not that uncommon, what has happened to you. This has happened with me in the past.

Regards

thx But for now I would appreciate if you can chk yourself and put the screenshot here if it did catch the high.
Dear bpr

It will be difficult to watch myself as this has to be watched and cannot be simulated. Experience tell me that the problem should not be there or maybe much lesser.

Let me know

Rgds